New Q Series Impressive

5 replies to this topic
  • Dan_from_HB

Posted January 25, 2003 - 07:45 PM

I really like this thing. I removed a Power Core 4 that I never repacked since new and added a new FMF Q Series. What a huge sound level difference. Finally rode it in the dirt today, and noticed no power change save a tiny bit better snap immediately off idle.
Everyone told me they could always tell when I was about to pass them with the Power Core installed. They could plainly hear me over their own engines. Now I am in stealth mode. They are hearing me when I'm not there, LOL, but usually can't when I actually am there unless I'm at or near full throttle.
No tests performed yet with a sound meter. I'll advise when I do.
Dan

• Bill

Posted January 26, 2003 - 03:16 AM

Dan,

Is this a new and improved version of the "Q"? Keep us posted when you get it tested!

Bill

• PMAUST

Posted January 26, 2003 - 06:51 AM

Dan, Josh put one on his YZ. He is very happy with it too. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bigdrtrdr

Posted January 26, 2003 - 07:02 AM

Dan did you recieve the photo I sent you of the mod. that FMF did on my Q? Also I bought me kid a 03 YZ250f and put a Q pipe on it before we ever rode it, Thats how much I like the Qs. These bikes haul butt, but they are also sickeningly loud. At the last aranacross we raced my ears rang for three days! "Forgot My Earplugs"
Going riding with AlexDexter today, he bought a new 450f in Canada yesterday. Found out He lives on the same road as me, Go Figure....
Later,
Eric

• Dan_from_HB

Posted January 26, 2003 - 03:04 PM

Yeah, I got the mod pics. Don't know if they do that on the new ones or not, but this is sure quiet. Haven't calibrated my ears lately, so I'll wait til the official first meter test and I'll post the results.
Dan

• BrandonW

Posted January 27, 2003 - 06:22 AM

Dan,
Did you get a new Q pipe to replace the PowerCore IV pipe, or did you keep your pipe and get the Q insert? I have a PowerCore IV installed now, and it is way too loud.

Looking for options....

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.