cooling fan for wr450

25 replies to this topic
  • Summit Seeker

Posted February 24, 2009 - 06:48 AM

YZ Dude, the sensor tells the fan to come on and off.

• roushxteam199

Posted February 24, 2009 - 06:31 PM

YZ Dude, the sensor tells the fan to come on and off.

exactly by the temp of the coolant.

• yz400fdude

Posted March 03, 2009 - 08:51 AM

Well I have done some checking and it looks like that ktm kit is the best deal, then just buy another spal fan for the other side and wire them together. Mounting brackets should be easy enough. Two fans may not be necessary, one might be able to handle the job.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • spidennis

Posted March 03, 2009 - 09:49 AM

i ride alot of singletrack and bushwack. my wr used to overheat. i then bought fluidyne radiators. they are larger, more capacity, more cooling , also i use waterwetter . the bike has not boiled since. also stock jetting will run lean in the pilot jet-hot

can you fit rad guards when using the fluidyne radiators? what about the shrouds? do they need to be trimmed?

• gravez

Posted March 03, 2009 - 01:20 PM

You shouldn't need two fans I have a spal fitted to my RHS Rad and it works well ( see my other posts for pics), also on the LHS you may have trouble fitting it due to the return hose running down the back of the rad

I ride in Manila in the Philippines, 30 degrees C+ and loads of traffic and no overheat

• roushxteam199

Posted March 03, 2009 - 07:03 PM

You shouldn't need two fans I have a spal fitted to my RHS Rad and it works well ( see my other posts for pics), also on the LHS you may have trouble fitting it due to the return hose running down the back of the rad

I ride in Manila in the Philippines, 30 degrees C+ and loads of traffic and no overheat

One fan works well

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.