Handguards, what do you have????

20 replies to this topic
  • S1rst

Posted December 07, 2008 - 02:48 AM

Right i need to sort some handgurds for my 08 WR450. Im looking at the acerbis rally pro or the polisport shield. Ive noticed a few have fitment issues with the acerbis on other bikes but not seen any issues with the WR.

Mine wont be tking a great bashing but its to protect the levers more than anything. Id like the cycra pro bends but there twice the price of the two above for what essentially does the same job from what i can see???

So what do you have and how do you rate them???

Cheers :thumbsup:

• Imacowboy

Posted December 07, 2008 - 04:56 AM

I have the Cycras, and love em. They seem to me to be beefier than the other brands. Lever length is my only concern. Here's some pics http://s346.photobuc...Imacowboy_2008/

Aaron

• RedBull420

Posted December 07, 2008 - 10:30 AM

Cycra PB's all the way. IMHO worth the extra $$.

• qwik12beat

Posted December 07, 2008 - 10:37 AM

I got cycra side mount triple clamp mount handguards and i like them alot. They are super clean and tough

• jhmotard

Posted December 07, 2008 - 11:48 AM

cycra probends w/ the low profile shields

worth the money

• Charles De Mar

Posted December 07, 2008 - 12:06 PM

Fastway :thumbsup:
Posted Image

• Mutu

Posted December 07, 2008 - 03:09 PM

Bark Busters triple clamp mounted. Strong as.....
I recommend ones with the alloy bar in them. Your hands will thank you.

• S1rst

Posted December 07, 2008 - 04:37 PM

So cycra's seem to be the top choice as expected. How exactly are they better than say the polisport sheild though as they look almost the same design?

Its the difference between £100 for the cycra's and £50 for the polisports or acerbis so id like to try and save some cash at this time of the year if possible.

• TWILES

Posted December 07, 2008 - 06:20 PM

I've got the Acerbis Rally 2's and they suck. I busted the right one the first time I dropped the bike. Cycra is the way to go. You get what you pay for.

• Mutu

Posted December 07, 2008 - 07:15 PM

So cycra's seem to be the top choice as expected. How exactly are they better than say the polisport sheild though as they look almost the same design?

Its the difference between £100 for the cycra's and £50 for the polisports or acerbis so id like to try and save some cash at this time of the year if possible.

order them from here at thumpertalk and you should save a bit mate. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • buspilot

Posted December 07, 2008 - 10:29 PM

Bark Busters triple clamp mounted. Strong as.....
I recommend ones with the alloy bar in them. Your hands will thank you.

We also use the Ego Barkbusters on my wifes bike and on mine...
We tried some other stuff before, but this ones are the only i really can recommend.

• dirtrider999

Posted December 07, 2008 - 10:43 PM

i would say the acerbis rally pro. ive found that they are realy strong and last forever. and all of the people i know have them and they ride lots of tight technical trails and they get hit alot and they still have there first sets.

• YamaLink

Posted December 08, 2008 - 07:22 AM

I'm kind of doing the handguard switcheroo these days. I bent, severely, a full aluminum brand on a simple crash. I think the handguard hit just in the right spot on an angle and it twisted the thing like a pretzel.

But I see many Fastways and Cycras on WR450F's as compared to other brands.

• silky666

Posted December 08, 2008 - 07:37 AM

I have the Acerbis guards with the aluminium bar running through it.
I bought them as they looked pretty tough and looked good.

However both times the bike has been dropped they have bent like soft butter - along with associated snapper levers :thumbsup:

I think I will be buying another make once these break for good!

Posted Image

• MaddogYZ

Posted December 08, 2008 - 07:47 AM

I have the aceribs rally pros on my bike right now but actually just ordered the Cycra PB today. After denting the rally pros 3 times to where I could pull the clutch lever in I'm ditching them. The hand protection on them is minimal also, save yourself the hassel get the Cycras.

• S1rst

Posted December 08, 2008 - 07:57 AM

Yeah im thinking i might just go for the cycra's if they seem to be amonst the best available. Its just the basic designs all seem the same so thought i could save a few quid.

order them from here at thumpertalk and you should save a bit mate. :thumbsup:

Thanks for that mate, but i looked on here and it actually worked out more expensive than me buying them in the UK. There £100 here in the UK, and they work out at £105 on here, so by the time i add duty, tax and handling charge when they arrive, ill be looking at about £145.

• oldmanx

Posted December 08, 2008 - 09:37 AM

My bike had Acerbis on when I bought it. I crash alot...they bent like butter. I switched to Cycra...much stronger...don't bend nearly as easy as the Acerbis.

• foxomatica

Posted December 08, 2008 - 12:16 PM

Again on the Cycra. Way better than the Acerbis. Saves your hands and levers.

• byggd

Posted December 08, 2008 - 03:28 PM

cycra probends w/ the low profile shields

worth the money

+1
Posted Image

• Charles De Mar

Posted December 08, 2008 - 03:38 PM

FYI the fastway actually are cycra probends. It's the the handle bar mounts that are different. My fastways say Cycra on them.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.