VIN Digit Meanings?

2 replies to this topic
  • TeXR

Posted December 06, 2008 - 10:21 PM

I'm going to try and transfer my plated WR from Texas to California. It had the smog stuff on it. Do any of the VIN digits identify the bike as being California emissions legal? There is no emissions label on the bike I can tell. Wish me luck!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TeXR

Posted December 06, 2008 - 10:23 PM

PS...anyone have any knowledge of applying for new plates from out of state? The bike is an 05 and I listed it as having over 7500 miles. I believe those two things put you in the category of not being VIN inspected by CHP, etc. Anyone know anything on this? Thanks!

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted December 07, 2008 - 08:18 AM

PS...anyone have any knowledge of applying for new plates from out of state? The bike is an 05 and I listed it as having over 7500 miles. I believe those two things put you in the category of not being VIN inspected by CHP, etc. Anyone know anything on this? Thanks!

send me a pm and i will give you all the info you need to transfer your bike

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.