wr450 weight... unknown still

7 replies to this topic
  • ballistic

Posted January 25, 2003 - 01:50 PM

Has anyone dared to weigh the new bike yet?
I saw one at the bike show today, and even the corporate rep claimed to not know

• WR250fla

Posted January 25, 2003 - 02:13 PM

Picked mine up this morning. Feels alot lighter than I was expecting. All I did so far was uncork it, and the power is very good. Handles much sharper and easier than expected also. Very nice, made the wait worth it.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted January 25, 2003 - 02:20 PM

I'll have mine on Monday. I have an accurate digital scale here at work and I'm gonna weigh it when it comes in....

Dan

• r1superstar

Posted January 25, 2003 - 02:33 PM

I saw one at the bike show today, and even the corporate rep claimed to not know

It weighs about 245 lbs. Five more pounds than the 02' model.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jim_Patterson

Posted January 25, 2003 - 02:56 PM

YES YES YES, 269# All fluids (oil, coolant, full tank of gas) just what the manual says it should weigh.

• adamwagar

Posted January 25, 2003 - 04:54 PM

I was 11 pounds off. I'll have to check and see who won the pool. LOL. :D :) :D

• TexasThumper

Posted January 26, 2003 - 07:52 AM

It weighs about 245 lbs. Five more pounds than the 02' model.

Did your 02 REALLY weigh 240 lbs????? and I thought the 02's where supposed to be heavy. Is everyone guessing? I guess we'll have to wait for Dan to actually weigh the thing!

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted January 26, 2003 - 09:07 AM

I believe that Dirt Bike magazine stated the 2002 WR426 weighed in the low 260# range with no gas(but rest of fluids).
It was heavier than an electric start KTM 400EXC(just below 260#s) but lighter than my porker DRZ(low 270#).
If Yamaha can keep it close to that 260# range it would be great!!
Dirt Bike should have a test soon so then we can find out for sure.
:)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.