Clutch noise

2 replies to this topic
  • PapaSmurf

Posted July 08, 2002 - 01:29 AM

This may sound strange but the other day I was standing next to my bike in the garage and reached up and pulled in the clutch lever and noticed that when it got in about an inch or so there was a knock, almost like something is binding and popping. The lever will go through its stroke and no noise when letting it out. I can "feel" the knock with my hand on the seat. Cable is good, no binding etc. Noticed no problem last time I rode it. Sounds like it is coming from the clutch. A buddy said it sounds like a broken spring. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas? I will be opening it up but was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on anything in particular to keep an eye out for!! Thanks :)

[ July 08, 2002: Message edited by: PapaSmurf ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • idahofourstroker

Posted July 08, 2002 - 04:37 PM

It sounds a lot like the problem I with my YZ. Does is kind of hesitate or lurch when you take off? My problem was that there were grooves in my basket and boss. If they aren't to bad you can take them out with a file, emery cloth, and about 3 hours of time.

• endurodog

Posted July 08, 2002 - 05:46 PM

I have had cables do this. Try lubing your cable before tearing into the clutch.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.