New Bars - 5'11 Rider (pics)

3 replies to this topic
  • Powerage

Posted December 05, 2008 - 10:10 PM

Currently standard bars are rolled far too forward to try and get some height... See Below

Posted Image

Im after recomendations for a 2008/2007 wr450 for bars to suit a 5'11 rider. As you can see the angle of my bars currently is pointing down behind the rear of my front tyre...

I wont need adaptors to run fat bars, as these newer bikes come with em, but can i turn my current adaptors around to push the bars forward a little more?

Want to stick with protapers, but thinking KX hi at this stage, just wanting to know what other people were running... Have read a lot of the other "bar" posts but not so many relate to the '08s

Thanks

• SJMC_DON

Posted December 06, 2008 - 09:30 AM

Pro Taper makes so many different bends... my suggestion is to check out there site and see what you want in terms of rise, sweep, etc... I am 6'3" but installed a sub mount stabilizer that raised my mounting an inch and a half.. I left the stock bars but on other WR's I have always liked the Pastrana bends..

Pro Tapers are awesome bars... one of the few that just don't bend very easily.

One word of caution on any "Woods Bend" as they are typically cut narrower... I was not able to make evrything fit, (Start button, brake perch, bark buster mount, etc..) on the Pastrana ATV / Woods Bend.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • desdave

Posted December 06, 2008 - 10:27 AM

First suggestion is get a stabilizer (gpr or scotts). If you've never run one, you will be amazed at how it helps no matter what type of riding you do (note that honda now has them standard on their 250/450). I consider it as a tie with suspension upgrade as best bang for the buck to make any bike more enjoyable/racable. Also, both brands are available as a below bar mount that mounts your bars up an inch or more. I found it to be just right with stock bars. Second option, if you're happy with the stock bend, is research taller bar clamps...cheaper than taller bars.

• SJMC_DON

Posted December 06, 2008 - 10:32 AM

Second option, if you're happy with the stock bend, is research taller bar clamps...cheaper than taller bars.

+1

I was going to mention that as well... 2 race seasons on my stock pro tapers and they are still straight so why spend money on different bars if you can get the desired result for less... you can probably get the risers or clamps with an offset too.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.