Recluse or Revloc

8 replies to this topic
  • comtnrider

Posted December 05, 2008 - 04:33 PM

Well, I've been thinking of a slipper in my '07 WR450. Anyone running either one? Pro's and con's? Problems? I've heard the Revloc may be more durable, but that is the reason for this posting. First hand experience is much more valuable than just someone's opinion. Thanks, Robert

• rich1167

Posted December 05, 2008 - 05:23 PM

I have the Rekluse. I like it. I have ran it for over 2 years and still looks like new. It makes you a better rider in the tight stuff. It also helps with fatigue. No more pulling the clutch in. Revloc is a local Denver company. Give them a call. The Revloc is more expensive and you need pull your whole clutch basket. You exchange your stock clutch basket with Revloc for theirs. Where the rekluse is a replacment for your exsisting clutch cover. All and all I think its one of the better mods I have done. I don't miss pulling the clutch.

• ncampion

Posted December 05, 2008 - 05:34 PM

I also have a Rekluse for about two years now and I'm totally happy. Actually I feel like I'm cheating. :thumbsup: :smirk: Also have a friend with a Revloc on his WR426 and when he got his new Honda (boo) :usa: he put a Rekluse on that just because it was cheaper. I think they both work great, best think I did to the bike.

• comtnrider

Posted December 05, 2008 - 05:42 PM

Thanks for the replies. I will be in Denver in a week or two so I might check out the Revloc while there. I've really never heard anything but good things about both products, just looking for the "first hand" report. Thanks again.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rich1167

Posted December 05, 2008 - 06:24 PM

I think Fay Myers is a Revloc rep.

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted December 05, 2008 - 06:45 PM

There's a difference between a slipper clutch and an auto clutch.

the Rekluse is an autoclutch.

• cubera

Posted December 05, 2008 - 08:41 PM

I have no personal experience with Revloc but I can tell you for sure Rekluse is an A+ product and an A+ company.

• ncampion

Posted December 06, 2008 - 09:28 AM

There's a difference between a slipper clutch and an auto clutch.

the Rekluse is an autoclutch.

Good point!!! Neither the Rekluse or Revloc are "slipper" clutches like the MX guys use. I don't think you really want a slipper clutch for an off-road bike, but the "auto" clutchs are really great for technical riding.

• Tough Guy

Posted December 06, 2008 - 10:10 PM

I have a Rekluse and love it! It has made tight woods riding a blast!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.