Jetting question for a 06 yz450 with fmf

6 replies to this topic
  • TapptOut

Posted December 04, 2008 - 09:49 PM

Just want to know what everyone is running on an 06 yz450 with FMF megabomb header and ti powercore.

Im in socal.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I searched but did not find anything pertaining to my particular problem.

• Smokeslider

Posted December 04, 2008 - 11:25 PM

Is there a problem? What symptoms do you have? Does the bike run? Your gonna have to meet us halfway on this one.

• TapptOut

Posted December 11, 2008 - 11:23 PM

Yeah sometimes their is just a noticeable hesitation at first crack of the throttle. The bike runs well otherwise, i don't have backfire on decel anymore but its just a hesitation that effects the bottom end. In fact i rode a CRF 250 and was clearing a double out of a turn easier than on my 450 and im a 195 pounds!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KJ790

Posted December 12, 2008 - 07:19 AM

Play with your fuel screw to take care of the hesitation off the bottom. Lack of power is often due to too rich of jetting. You can try leaning the main and see if it gets too lean.

• TapptOut

Posted December 12, 2008 - 10:11 AM

Thanks for the input

• Smokeslider

Posted December 12, 2008 - 04:03 PM

If it's still bugging you, and you're will to spend the money, I hear Zip Ty Racing does amazing work to these carbs. Mine is currently being shipped back to me from them and I can't wait to try it out. Although I never really have bog issues unless my jetting is off.

• TapptOut

Posted December 14, 2008 - 07:39 PM

Let me know how your turns out

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.