Might be able to get an extra bike

1 reply to this topic
  • RonO

Posted January 24, 2003 - 05:26 PM

I have to take my brother to a bike shop next Saturday to see about a bike. I guess it's a few hours away from me but I have a trailer to haul a bike. :) He's working with this dealer about buying a Government Auction bike. From what I know so far a dealer can bid on a few bikes seized from drug dealers, etc. He's got a line on a 2001 Kawasaki KX250 with a missing exhaust. I guess that's where they hid drugs. The bike is brand new and never been run. My brother told me he can get it for $300 then go buy a new exhaust. They may possibly still have a 2000 or 2001 YZ250 2-smoke that has a blown piston for $350. He said no titles. I'm wondering if I can get a reconstructed title and maybe pick up a beater bike. What do you think? Anybody ever done this?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gottaroost

Posted January 24, 2003 - 06:34 PM

Is there a problem riding it if you do not get a title? I do not mean that sarcastically, but for 300 bucks to get a late model KX250, why bother, just ride it.

I did not get a title on my KX, and it has posed no problem. I figure to sell it someday same as I bought it. Thought at those auctions you got some sort of salvage title or at least some sort of legal disposal record.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.