Looking for cheap on line rebuild parts.

5 replies to this topic
  • t-bucket nut

Posted December 04, 2008 - 09:48 AM

Hi guys, I'm looking for where you can get cheap rebuild top end parts for my 07 YZ450F. I had an incident on the trail with a truck and caused the plastic part that the air filter attaches to broke free of the air boot thus causing dust to get in my motor during the rest of ride. My motor still runs strong with no noise, but will let a puff of blue smoke out of the exhaust when started cold or hot. You can also smell burnt oil coming from the exhaust when riding behind me. Still starts well, but I want to pull the cylinder and for wear and will most likely replace piston, rings, and valves to be safe. I would appreciate any help with where to get parts, I have heard of service Honda, but I've never had to do any major work on my past Yamaha's.

• 426 NOOB

Posted December 04, 2008 - 10:06 AM

Hi guys, I'm looking for where you can get cheap rebuild top end parts for my 07 YZ450F. I had an incident on the trail with a truck and caused the plastic part that the air filter attaches to broke free of the air boot thus causing dust to get in my motor during the rest of ride. My motor still runs strong with no noise, but will let a puff of blue smoke out of the exhaust when started cold or hot. You can also smell burnt oil coming from the exhaust when riding behind me. Still starts well, but I want to pull the cylinder and for wear and will most likely replace piston, rings, and valves to be safe. I would appreciate any help with where to get parts, I have heard of service Honda, but I've never had to do any major work on my past Yamaha's.

Well, it depends what way you are looking to go. OEM, or aftermarket parts. If OEM, the TT store has some of the cheapest OEM prices around, as does Motosport.com. If aftermarket, I would go with a weisco piston, and do some homework on what jug and valves to get. TT store also sells aftermarket, as does rockymountainmc.com and denniskirk.com Hope this helps

• t-bucket nut

Posted December 04, 2008 - 02:00 PM

Well, it depends what way you are looking to go. OEM, or aftermarket parts. If OEM, the TT store has some of the cheapest OEM prices around, as does Motosport.com. If aftermarket, I would go with a weisco piston, and do some homework on what jug and valves to get. TT store also sells aftermarket, as does rockymountainmc.com and denniskirk.com Hope this helps

Thanks for the info. I was hoping to use the same jug (cylinder) will I need to change it if I go with a Weisco piston?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 426 NOOB

Posted December 04, 2008 - 02:13 PM

Thanks for the info. I was hoping to use the same jug (cylinder) will I need to change it if I go with a Weisco piston?

yes, you can use the same jug. When you order the piston from weisco, just tell them you want a stock replacement. Same piston as stock, but built by weisco.

• t-bucket nut

Posted December 04, 2008 - 02:16 PM

Thanks for your help, I'll probaly tear into over Christmas when I have some time off.

• 426 NOOB

Posted December 04, 2008 - 02:28 PM

Thanks for your help, I'll probaly tear into over Christmas when I have some time off.

No problem, and welcome to TT

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.