Terrible's Town 250 Pre-Fun Run

8 replies to this topic
  • Team_Towrope

Posted March 26, 2001 - 03:48 PM

Did anybody ride the TT250 pre-fun run on March 10? Was the course the same as last years? If not, what was it like? Are the pits in the same place? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Dax

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted March 26, 2001 - 04:25 PM

Dax, I didnt have a chance to prerun the course but my friend kevin in the Pro-truck class did. He told me that in the years that he's been racing this course looks like the most dangerous he's seen!! He said there were gnarly cliff sections with tons of rocks (what a surprise). Anyway, the pits are kind of confusing also, they're spread out all over the course and will take some planning to get it right. I wish I was racing this event but unfortunatly I can't get out of work this time but hopefully I'll see you in Tonopah!! Good luck, Dan

• Team_Towrope

Posted March 27, 2001 - 07:18 AM

Thanks Dan! I'll have to pass it on to my friends who are also racing. If you race Tonopah, what class will you race? Also, are you planning to do Tonopah's pre-fun run? Because I'm going to be out of town that weekend and I would love to hear about it.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted March 28, 2001 - 07:20 AM

TT, I do plan of racing Tonopah. I race in the Ironman Am. class, racing in the Ironman class is tough because if you're riding alone and you only have a choice of a Pro or non-Pro class. They are soooo organized!! Casey Folks (the organizer is great) he really cares about racing and works with the communities to keep land avilable for us. Also the races are on Saturday. That gives all the racers and families time to get home at a decent hour on Sunday. We should hook up some time. Good luck... Dan

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Team_Towrope

Posted March 28, 2001 - 08:28 AM

Hey Dan,
I also race Ironman Am. I found you on BITD's web site. We raced the Vegas 200 together. We finished within 5 minutes of each other. Congratulations on your 6th place finish -- there were LOTS of Ironman Am out there. I agree with you about Casey, he is a great guy. Well, I'm saving my pennies and I hope to have enough to race in Tonopah. We'll have to atleast meet so I can put a face with your name. I'm racing O46 this year. I noticed you're O19 this year -- I'll look for you. Hopefully I'll see you there.

Dax

• Bill

Posted March 28, 2001 - 10:51 PM

Would any of you consider buying me an XXL T-Shirt, it has to be XXL. I was born in Tonoapah and would love to have a shirt from there, a race shirt would be even coooler or is more cool :)

If your getting TT fender decals, we could swap?

Thanks
Bill

------------------
97 KDX220, 86 TTR225, 99 WR400f, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC.

• Team_Towrope

Posted March 28, 2001 - 12:36 PM

No Problem. I'd be happy too. Something else to consider, the last race I forgot to get a shirt for my wife so I called BITD and they gave me the number of the company that makes their shirts. They said just send them a check (~$16) and they'll send a shirt. So, if you want you could wait until the race rolls around and then get their number and have them send a shirt your way -- just a thought. In any case, just let me know what I can do for you because picking up an extra shirt is not a big deal.

Dax

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted March 28, 2001 - 05:08 PM

Dax, Did you race Laughlin US hare scrambles??? I had the lead for 2.5 minutes and passed all but 5 experts then my slide stuck wide open :) I was really,really upset that I DNF'd That was my first ride on my new WR.

Vegas was my first desert race ever, I had no idea how to pit, but I was just happy to finish and race with my hero's Ty Davis and Destry Abbott. See Ya, Dan

Let's definatly hook up out there!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Dan Lorenze (edited 03-28-2001).]

• Team_Towrope

Posted March 29, 2001 - 06:29 AM

Dan,
No, I didn't. I tried to get out there but I had too much going on at the time. Did you figure out how your slide stuck open. I've had that happen before on my old RMX (and it's not a pleasant experience) but never on my WR. That's a great finish for your first BITD race. Have you raced any other series before? We'll, I'll see you in Tonopah -- hopefully!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.