ims or clark

3 replies to this topic
  • cmore

Posted January 24, 2003 - 02:53 PM

my first ride was on a yz426, & absolutely loved it, went out the next week & bought a wr 426 I had no problem W/ the yz, but now the wr front is washing out on me, I brought forks up about 1/4 inch, this helped, some suggested to buy yz tank & seat kit, so I can get up on tank, I'm 6'0 tall, love the bike just got to get thru the bugs. which tank seat combo or nothing at all. maybe my lack time behind the seat.

• blackie

Posted January 24, 2003 - 04:48 PM

cmore,

Go to www.ziptyracing.com and buy the IMS YZ/Tank seat combo. You won't regret it.

John

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted January 26, 2003 - 10:05 AM

I had the IMS Ty davis model but it was impossible to access the carb or even the choke, that is a total race tank. I switched to the IMS model and like it much better. It holds about the same 3.2 gal. but I have not ever put three gal in it yet, Havn't needed to.
I'll sell you my Ty davis model.

• mike_dean

Posted January 27, 2003 - 01:01 PM

I have a Clark stock YZ tank on my '00 and the fit and quality were very good, and the plastic seems thicker where the YZ tanks crack from seat bouncing. Mike

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.