black Rad fins ?

12 replies to this topic
  • ThumperKid250F

Posted December 03, 2008 - 04:09 PM

hey guys i no that KTM comes stock with black rad fins but im wondering if they make them for yamaha?

• magiksc

Posted December 03, 2008 - 04:28 PM

Never seen them but Friends of mine have made stickers that pretty much cover them.

• Wiz636

Posted December 03, 2008 - 04:34 PM

hey guys i no that KTM comes stock with black rad fins but im wondering if they make them for yamaha?

You could do what I do...wrap them with black nylon panty hose. Seriously, that way mud won't stick.

I have never seen any black ones. You could try spray paint I guess.

• 1998YZ400F

Posted December 03, 2008 - 04:36 PM

not sure what youre talking about. do you mean the shroud thats part of the plastics that mount to the tank and radiator? or the plastic rock guards that mount to the radiators to protect from debris? or the radiator body itself?

• 642MX

Posted December 03, 2008 - 04:51 PM

I think Krylon makes some decent plastic paint. I'd do that, but be sure to clean them really good first.

• yz480doinwork

Posted December 03, 2008 - 04:58 PM

Krylon does make exilent paint. they call it fuze or something. they say it actualy fuzes into the plastic if you prepare it right and wait the recominded time.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ThumperKid250F

Posted December 03, 2008 - 05:59 PM

i was thinking about dying them black by doing it like this http://www.thumperta...=dying gas tank

that or just painting them.

• 1998YZ400F

Posted December 03, 2008 - 06:20 PM

ok so it is the plastic shroud. i would say the cheap and easy way would be some krylon fusion. seems the most durable but most work is the dye.

• Family Man

Posted December 03, 2008 - 06:35 PM

check out thestickie at the top of the yz250 forum theres one one dying your tank minght work on the rad fins too.

• 426 NOOB

Posted December 03, 2008 - 11:43 PM

Personally I would use the krylon fuse paint. Cheap and effective, plus if they ever started looking bad it would only take ten more minutes to refresh them with another coat.

• almostinvincible119

Posted December 04, 2008 - 09:20 PM

Krylon Fusion. I painted mine and they look pretty dope. Dont dye them, I tried to dye mine red and it didnt work. The plastic was not porous enough. Clean em, sand em w/ 400grit and paint em black. I've had mine mounted up for 2 years with monster radiator stickers and they dont have a chip in em.

• MX926

Posted December 05, 2008 - 06:27 AM

Check out www.panikrev.com they make replacement radiator fins/braces in multi-colors. They are made out of aluminum and work, and look great.

• SXP

Posted December 05, 2008 - 07:20 AM

Is this what you are looking for: http://www.ufoplasti...Radiator Covers

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.