2001 wr426 suspension settings

3 replies to this topic
  • bennieben1

Posted December 03, 2008 - 03:02 PM

hello my friends, i need your help i got a 2001 wr426 and im wondering if its okay to lower it alittle in the front by the clamps and also lowering the rear. the bike is alittle bit too high for me. will this mess up the handling or will it help.

• Sierra_rider

Posted December 03, 2008 - 03:56 PM

Lowering the front might increase turn-in a little bit but won't lower the bike much. You might try slavensracing or other places that do lowering kits. Maybe you could try shaving the seat foam a little bit?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Birdy426

Posted December 03, 2008 - 07:49 PM

I run my WR with the forks raised as high inthe clamps as I can...not to lower the bike (you won't really notice it), but to help with cornering. In the back, set the sag to 95-100mm. Much more than that and the front end kicks out as the back end drops, and cornerign really suffers. As YZ250 BM suggests, you can try shaving an inch or so out of the seat foam and slot the subframe attach lugs to get another half inch or so (but be ready to hit the rear tire on the fender). I'm pretty darn short (5'7") and have learned, sort of, to always stop where I have a rock, berm, mound or something to put my left foot down on...otherwise, as often as not I will fall over like Artie Johnson on Laugh-In when I have to stop. Dabbing in really technical rock gardens and such is fun as well...

• bennieben1

Posted December 05, 2008 - 09:57 AM

thanks for the help you guys. ill raise the forks alittle and lower the rear just a tiny bit. take care

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.