IMS tank petcock

3 replies to this topic
  • banffboy

Posted January 24, 2003 - 09:18 AM

I recently replaced my stolen 01 with another 01. The "new" bike also has the IMS tank/seat combo. The fuel petcock handle faces in towards the engine. Is there a reason for this and can it be changed? My other 01 had the same tank but the petcock faced out. :)

• David_Gronlund

Posted January 24, 2003 - 09:53 AM

Take it off and turn it around if you want. I always point the handle towards the engine so that WHEN I crash I won't break the handle off.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • banffboy

Posted January 24, 2003 - 01:45 PM

Gee why didn't I think of that :)

• desertfoxx

Posted January 24, 2003 - 06:04 PM

The petcock facing inward allows the fuel line a straight shot towards the carb. If you face the petcock outward the fuel line has to loop around. This could make the fuel line cut off flow and come close to the engine (heat).

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.