I'm gonna wash that dirt right outta my parts!!

1 reply to this topic
  • bonez34

Posted February 11, 2001 - 08:04 PM

just got a new parts washer today and boy, i shoudda bought this a long time ago. cleaning grease is effortless now, and everything comes out squeaky clean. but i was curious about any tips anyone has on using one. what do i not want to put in there? what should i put in there? any tips?

i also saw on "My Classic Car" today a cool powder-coating system from some restoration company. they just sprayed on the powder, baked at 400F for 20 minutes and you have just powdercoated whatever you want. you do need a low pressure air source-tank or compressor, but i'm not sure of the price. it could be up there.

thanks for the tips!

got the address for the powdercoating sys: http://www.eastwoodc...00280770&FNM=20

WHEW!
P.S. don't try it with a gas oven :)
------------------
Confucious say: Man with hand in pocket feel cocky.

[This message has been edited by bonez34 (edited 02-11-2001).]

[This message has been edited by bonez34 (edited 02-11-2001).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Scott_F

Posted February 12, 2001 - 09:23 AM

Over time the oil and grease will contaminate your solvent, reducing it's effectiveness, so I suggest precleaning stuff whenever you can. Get some good rubber gloves that will withstand the solvent. You don't want to expose your hands to that stuff if you can help it. Throw some old tooth brushes and other scrubbers in the tank, along with a spray can of brake cleaner for the "final rinse" of critical parts.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.