TPS Query

3 replies to this topic
  • CHUCKY

Posted July 04, 2002 - 12:52 AM

I have test my TPS per the manual and found that at WOT it is only 3.6 ohms instead of 4-6 ohms.
Does this mean I don't have full advance at WOT ?.
Just to see, I rotated the TPS to full adjustment and it only gets it to 3.8 ohms.
Anyone have any experience with the TPS ???.

Chucky

• EricZ

Posted July 04, 2002 - 01:34 AM

Are you sure that your meter is accurate?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YAMAKAZE

Posted July 05, 2002 - 03:52 AM

You are correct, That's exactly what that means. Since it's an electronic component it will degrade over time...I think mine was 4.1 when I checked it in December. In relative terms 1 ohm isn't a serious degradation, but anymore than that and I would consider changing out the TPS.

Do you have access to another bike which you can ride to gauge performance differences?

Bonzai :)

• MN_Kevin

Posted July 05, 2002 - 04:04 AM

That TPS is a pricey little SOB to replace! :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.