BILL -about that jetting?

5 replies to this topic
  • xrracer36

Posted January 23, 2003 - 08:16 AM

hey, checked your sig. bout that jetting like you said. says it works at 500-2,000'. i think i'm at about 1,200', so i think it will work, but will it work for a 98 wr400, or is it specific between years (you have a 99, correct?)?
and what exactly does "de-octopussed" do for the bike?
racer36 :)

• Bill

Posted January 23, 2003 - 10:29 AM

De-oct will reduce the chance of an air leak. I don't beleive there are any direct performance gains by doing the mod. It cleans up the looks of the bike and again, reduces the chance of an air leak. If you haven't read the thread "jettingqs" you might want to, it's very long but, will give a better understanding of jetting these beasts.

• xrracer36

Posted January 24, 2003 - 05:09 AM

that's fine. i'll read the jetting thread. i just want to know if you know if your suggested jetting will work on a 98? (yes/no/i don't know?)
just a place to start. i'll check out the jetting thread and see what i can get from that.
oh, and my elevation is 1,010' above sea level.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Taffy

Posted January 24, 2003 - 08:06 AM

it will work on all years and all models. the vagaries of each bike are bigger than the differences in the models.

• xrracer36

Posted January 27, 2003 - 07:28 AM

thanks bill, taffy.
as soon as the weather warms up a little i hope to tear into engine and make it more yzf than wrf. i now realzie i prob. should have held out for yzf, but also realize that it would be easier to mod my bike to my needs rather than sell and try to start over with a purebred mxer (yzf). i;d have a heck of a time finding one more reliable (have finally worked all bugs out of ol blue i think) :D
next mod after timing/ jetting will prob. be suspension. my bro's yzf was done (previous owner) by PR2, and it is magic. just gotta come up wit the big $$$ to have it done. :D

• Bill

Posted January 27, 2003 - 02:43 PM

Cool beans, I have to agree, it's been way cold this year and the snow has been a real pain. My contract is for plowing is 2+ inches and I've had to shovel the lot to many times this year (<2"). I'm not familiar with PR2 but, MX-Tech is in your backyard. John Curea (owner) is the ThumperTalk suspension guru and worked magic on my suspenders. As a matter of fact, my stuff is going back to him, in the next couple of weeks, to get a tune up, for this season.

Good luck, keeps us informed and hope to see ya in the spring.

If you race dist 5 mx checkout

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.