4 replies to this topic
  • TallJohn

Posted January 23, 2003 - 07:30 AM


What's the procedure for measuring the Decibels (how far should you hold the meter from the exhaust for instance), and does anyone know what the limit is for UK enduro's?


  • John_Lorenz

Posted January 23, 2003 - 08:22 AM


I dont know how they do it in the UK

But the states or at least in Communist controlled California :)

It is a 16 in or 20 in string DB Meter at end of string held from the open end of the pipe at a 45 degree away from the bike.

dependig on model and make its 4500 rpm

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Parx_400

Posted January 23, 2003 - 08:30 AM


you mean the PDRC. Peoples Democratic Republic of California.


  • TallJohn

Posted January 23, 2003 - 10:35 PM


I thought you guys had miles of open desert, and a freedom to roam and ride!

In the UK chairman double standard Blair is trying to shut down all of our rights of way, unless we prove that they are roads. And the bobble hat brigade (ramblers), are also against us. I am starting to feel like a minority group. I want to claim political asylum in the US. Anyone got a house and an income they can give me?


  • Burnrider

Posted January 24, 2003 - 07:10 AM


We might if one of the Enron executives rides a dirt bike.


Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.