yz450 gear lever on a wr450?

4 replies to this topic
  • Lennie

Posted November 28, 2008 - 03:37 AM

Does anybody know if a 2004 yz450 gear lever will fit a 2004 wr450?

I need a new gear lever and plenty of people sell yz ones but nobody has a wr one unless its a genuine yamaha one which is VERY expensive so it would be good to save a few $$$ and use a yz one if it fits.

• SXP

Posted November 28, 2008 - 04:46 PM

They do have different part numbers, so most likely not. The WR lever probably has to curve out more than the yz lever to clear the alternator cover.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tweav

Posted November 28, 2008 - 08:18 PM

I don't know about your 04 wr450, but I have a hammerhead yz shifter on my 07 wr450 and it fits fine

• SJMC_DON

Posted November 29, 2008 - 07:50 AM

They are different - I was handed a YZF shifter by mistake one day, took it home and tried to install - no go. Looked closer at the package and realized it was for a YZF.

SXP is correct in that it needs to stand out more to clear the lefts side case cover.

• Lennie

Posted December 01, 2008 - 12:13 AM

Cheers

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.