Indiana riders may want to look.......

No replies to this topic
  • DRz400e

Posted January 23, 2003 - 06:21 AM

Dugger is scheduled to be opened up june 7th. For those of you who live in Indiana that don't know what this is, Dugger is a little town in Greene County. It is really close to Linton. The riding area is on old coal mine land, previously owned by Amax coal company. The riding area is actually about half way in between Dugger and Linton. They started mining it in the 60's sometime and ran out of coal in the early 80's. Every since then, it has been a haven for offroading.

I would guess there is somewhere around 3000 acres, maybe more, of the best riding in the Ohio Valley. The outlying trails are going to be for 4x4 trucks and jeeps, and every thing else is supposed to be for bikes and quads. There are some of the biggest, steepest angled hills I have ever seen there. Here is the link to the DNR website. Indiana Dept. of Natural Resources It is actually called the Redbird project. Your bike will have to be registered as an offroad vehicle before you can ride there though. It is only $6 for 3 years. The form is on the page to send in. If you can't find it, email me and I will email it back. Looking forward to seeing all you Indiana riders there for the opening day, (and maybe before then )

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.