Best Quiet Exhaust

8 replies to this topic
  • Kaleb

Posted November 26, 2008 - 01:24 PM

Any comments on what you think is the best exhaust for the WR? I am looking for a 96 db pipe and not sure which to look at. I have a 2005 WR450.

Or more appropriate....which one not to get because its really not a 96 db pipe.

• cpr1

Posted November 26, 2008 - 02:30 PM

FMF Q4 is very good and is 96 db or less.
:bonk:

• Deserthound

Posted November 26, 2008 - 02:56 PM

+1 on the Q4. It comes with a removable spark arrestor which makes the pipe a little louder when removed but still pretty quiet.

• IBLucky

Posted November 26, 2008 - 04:20 PM

I have a White's Bro's pipe on my 07 wr450 it's very quiet, it also has a removable end plate for the track with no spark arrestor, when the plate is removed it's a lot louder! and the hole is like twice as big.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted November 26, 2008 - 05:13 PM

Stock is pretty quiet and you can open the pipe a lot with a Pro Moto Quiet insert and it is only a Db or two louder at most.

• glentron

Posted November 26, 2008 - 05:21 PM

I would recommend the powerbomb and Q4 FMF combo. I've tried many combo's and I like this setup the best so far.

• aussieklx

Posted November 26, 2008 - 06:16 PM

not an FMF powercore lol, mines friggin loud, sounds fat thou, the general consenses seems to be that Q4 is the best quite forest pipe, pro circuit type 496 has also been known to give good results whilst remaining quite

• Mutu

Posted November 27, 2008 - 11:20 PM

Stock is pretty quiet and you can open the pipe a lot with a Pro Moto Quiet insert and it is only a Db or two louder at most.

does nothing unless you punch out the baffles.

• stew68

Posted November 28, 2008 - 07:48 AM

I agree on the Q4 i run it with mega bomb on 07 wr450 quit and packs a good punch

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.