Saw my WR 450 today!

9 replies to this topic
  • Superbike

Posted January 22, 2003 - 05:35 PM

Just saw my WR in the crate today! I should have it tomorrow. I can't wait. I had the first deposit. They saind there is 24 in line behind me! That is a lot of bikes. Any one else in Michigan have thiers?

• charlieb

Posted January 22, 2003 - 05:41 PM

congrats, you will enjoy it.

• adamwagar

Posted January 22, 2003 - 05:52 PM

Superbike , I'll have mine soon. I hope. There's a handfull of Michigan ThumperTalkers that have recently taken delivery. Have fun with the new ride. :)

• Superbike

Posted January 22, 2003 - 06:09 PM

WhoooHooo! Can't wait. To darn cold to ride much. I will have it apart this weekend greasing it up. I hope my Flatland radiator gaurds will fit from last year. I have not even rode that bike since I put them on. Seems like a long wait! Ah well its here. :) :D :D ---mike

• xr600r

Posted January 23, 2003 - 12:18 AM

picked up mine on wednsday....rode it around the parking lot a little bit, good power....feels really light.
the button is the icing on the cake. um.... where did you buy yours ? i got the first one from toms.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jim_Patterson

Posted January 23, 2003 - 12:58 AM

Yes I got mine two days ago. I'm in Washington Michigan. We must be thinking, were is Washington , and where is Ovid MI. Washington is about 1 hr north of Detroit. About 25 minutes due east of the Palace of Auburn Hills. Congrats on your new bike. I think we are both going to be very happy with them. Jim

• Superbike

Posted January 23, 2003 - 05:39 AM

Ovid is 10 mile east of St. Johns and 10 west of Owosso. It is about 25 minutes north east of Lansing.
XR 600, I tried Tom's but someone got there wit there doposit before me :) I would normally never buy from Full Throttle but the gave me a better deal (in writing) and I wanted to get one right away. The only reason is I have a friend who is working there. That was the only other reason I went there. I really would have rather bought from Tom. I told Matt it was whoever had the best deal and who got it first. I may get it picked up today if I can get over there. I have not even seen it togeter yet! I am dying here! I want to switch as much stuff as possible of of my 00 yz before I sell it. I know the top triple clamp will work and I hhave hope for the radiator braces. We will all have to go riding! ---Mike

• xr600r

Posted January 23, 2003 - 11:43 AM

SUPERBIKE... i think the guy that got there with the deposit before you , was hehehehe. :)
sorry man.

• Math

Posted January 23, 2003 - 02:26 PM

Wow nice photo Jim,

This is the first WR450f photo that I see from an owner. Good to see this bike was not just a rumour! :)

Math :D

• dmp437

Posted January 23, 2003 - 04:07 PM

What's the scoop on Full Throttle? I bought my bike there way cheaper than anywhere else, about an hour's drive from home. Went to Tom's and got a price so high I didn't stop laughing until Ovid. Card Bros. in Cheasning didn't do comp bikes. Checked out Great Lakes in Flint and no one would talk to me...for 20 minutes. Except the recent GM retiree wanting to buy a loaded Goldwing with CASH. He couldn't get a salesman to talk to him either. :) (There were three salesmen that day doing nothing)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.