What are these bits that came with the bike????

4 replies to this topic
  • S1rst

Posted November 26, 2008 - 08:59 AM

I bought my 08 WR450 almost new with about 10 miles on the clock. it came with these bits as in the pic below. Im not really all that mechanically minded as i always had someone else look after my bikes when racing when i was younger, but i assume the top 3 on the left are jets.....

Posted Image

What exactly are these and the other bits? I phoned the supplying dealer who told me all they had done to the bike from new was remove the restrictor and baffle from the exhaust and replaced the throttle screw with a YZ one. The grey wire is still intact as is the air box snorkels and there are no other changes to the bike mechanically.

The jets above have these stamped on them (not sure you can see in pic where ive wrote above them? From left to right..... 110 and 45.......175......50.... and GDDUQ on the needle.

Anyone know if these are the original jets the bike came with or are the originals still in? Should these be in if the baffles removed? I have a fair bit of black carbon build up around the exhaust which would suggest its running rich?

The bike runs very well as it is, but i cant help thinking it could be better with a proper set-up, and maybe the above jets in the carb? Could i damage the engine by leaving it as it is? The bike bogs if you snap the throttle on idle and sometimes bogs at low revs then sometimes kicks in all of a sudden but i just thought that may be a characteristic of this type of bike and dealt with it?

Anyone able to help me please on where to start to get the most from my bike?

Thanks, Rich. :bonk:

• foxomatica

Posted November 26, 2008 - 09:22 AM

Check out the jetting forum and see what other people in your area are running. You may have to pull the carb and see what you are set up with.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted November 26, 2008 - 10:55 AM

Tool to the upper left with the bit of hose is to aid removal of the needle.
Bottom right is a spoke wrench, next to it is a spark plug wrench, next to it is your old, long throttle stop screw.

If you go to an online parts listing, and look up the jets, it will show available ones for your bike. Part numbers with (std) are those sizes installed at the factory.

The jets on the upper right are leak jets (installed in the float bowl), next to those is a main je and next to it is a pilot jet. Last part is a needle.

To deal with the dreaded bog, read how to do the O-Ring Mod and AP Tuning

• S1rst

Posted December 02, 2008 - 05:07 PM

Thats great! Thanks for that. :bonk:

So is this o-ring mod perfectly safe to do with no chance of anything going wrong if it breaks off or comes loose in there?

• WR_Dave

Posted December 02, 2008 - 08:18 PM

Thats great! Thanks for that. :bonk:

So is this o-ring mod perfectly safe to do with no chance of anything going wrong if it breaks off or comes loose in there?

No worries with the o-ring mod, do it and many others to get your WR living up to it's potential. all answers live in the Mods sticky at the top of the forum. WR Dave.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.