Q4 on 07 yz450

10 replies to this topic
  • keepinon

Posted November 25, 2008 - 08:43 PM

Hey everyone I'm a long time rider, but new to TT - incredible site. Does anyone have experience with the FMF Q4 on an 07 yz450. Is it quieter than stock and what does it do to the power? Trying to do my part in keeping the sound level down and keep our local track open. Any other slip on mufflers that are quiet and good performers?

• KAS

Posted November 26, 2008 - 11:55 AM

I've been around enough Q4's to find out that they are not THAT quiet. Just a smidge more quiet than stock, but nothing huge. FMF's quality has always been suspect, at least IMO.

Check out a Leo Vince X3. This is one on an '08 WR450, with a YZ head pipe. Pretty quiet, and they build top quality stuff.

• KAS

Posted November 26, 2008 - 11:55 AM

BTW, thanks for trying to keep your bike quiet!

• keepinon

Posted November 26, 2008 - 02:41 PM

Thanks KAS - THAT is what I'm talking about! I will start looking for one.

• Slinkyman16

Posted November 26, 2008 - 03:28 PM

for a few more bucks, check out a full stainless sytem with the q-core for 400 bucks. best warrenty in the business and is fast.. will tune the pipe to your needs.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kasjok

Posted November 27, 2008 - 04:50 AM

Guess you forgot to say MRD :bonk:

I Got one for my 08 YZ450F with mid-low specs. Quality, performance, looks, sound.. all is top notch. Not to mention that in a wreck I dented the end cap and Dave replaced it for free. :bonk:

• ztangoKLX

Posted November 27, 2008 - 05:34 AM

FMF's quality has always been suspect, at least IMO.

+1

I purchased a Q4 for my 06 YZ450F and it developed a leak at the can-joint within the first hour. The ironic part was that leak was right beside the quality control inspection sticker! Since the failure was so immediate and obvious, I was hoping to get an over-the-counter replacement. No such luck. FMF told my dealer that their policy was to have all defective items sent back to them in CA - not exactly convenient since I'm in Canada. When I called & emailed FMF, they did not respond.

If you really want quite, and don't care about power, install an exhaust off a WR. I tried this on my bike and you could hardly hear it running.

• Slinkyman16

Posted November 27, 2008 - 11:07 AM

Guess you forgot to say MRD :bonk:

I Got one for my 08 YZ450F with mid-low specs. Quality, performance, looks, sound.. all is top notch. Not to mention that in a wreck I dented the end cap and Dave replaced it for free. :bonk:

lol oops..

• KAS

Posted November 27, 2008 - 11:23 AM

While we're on the subject of quiet pipes, I emailed Jardine about their new RT94 system. DIRT BIKE tested it on a 315-kitted YZ250F, and said it was very stealth, with less power loss than anything they've ever tested.

Anyway, here's what Jardine said about it being available for the YZ450F.

Kevin,

The R&D department is expecting to have 5 of these systems in stock by next week. They will do pictures and testing then, they will keep me posted so I can keep you posted.

Best Regards,

Ashley Webb

Customer Service / Sales

Jardine Performance Products

1180 W. Railroad St.

Corona, CA 92882

(951) 739-5900 x 220

awebb@jardineproducts.com

jpinfo@jardineproducts.com

• keepinon

Posted November 28, 2008 - 06:45 PM

Ya, thanks for the clarification on MRD. The only thing I could think of was some sort of FMF system that I unaware of. I will google MRD - if there is a better way of contacting MRD, let me know - I am interested. Thanks guys.

• Slinkyman16

Posted November 28, 2008 - 07:15 PM

www.mrd-racing.com.. he is also a active member here as well..

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.