Jetting Question

3 replies to this topic
  • RonO

Posted July 05, 2002 - 03:31 AM

I have removed the snorkle from the air box and cut the grey wire. Last night I pulled the baffle out of the exhaust to take a ride and noticed a miss at higher rpm's. The bike seems to do this everytime I remove the baffle. I'm thinking it's not getting enough gas, any suggestions?

Jetting is stock.
mj 165
maj 200
pj 42
paj 75
needle OBDRR pos 4
ps out 2.5 turns

Thanks,

Ron

[ July 05, 2002: Message edited by: RonO ]

• YAMAKAZE

Posted July 05, 2002 - 03:36 AM

Open your Kouba 1/4 turn at a time until it goes away. If you open more than two turns, pull the needle up one clip and try that.

Bonzai :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Taffy

Posted July 05, 2002 - 01:16 PM

if it's higher up the revs try to lift the needle.

Taffy

• RonO

Posted July 25, 2002 - 02:36 AM

Ok, tried the needle in position 3 last night, real bad missing on top end. Thought I'd just try it in position 5, wow nasty backfiring. When you pull the needle up, do you need to adjust the pilot jet?

Ron

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.