16T Counter.. will it fit?

7 replies to this topic
  • stev0

Posted November 25, 2008 - 12:31 AM

will help topend alot.. will a 16t go in?

15t just about fits...

• MarshalGiles

Posted November 25, 2008 - 06:29 AM

The 15 is really close on mine, and the chain actually rubbed a bit on the case guard initially, so I really doubt a 16 would fit. Is there even a manufacturer that makes one for the WR450?

• stev0

Posted November 25, 2008 - 06:43 AM

Not sure, but im sure one can have a 16t custom made.

Spoke to my local race shop and he reckons it wont go on.. i just thought its alot cheaper to change the front then the rear... its also so much easier then taking the whole back wheel off.

• MaxPower

Posted November 25, 2008 - 08:34 AM

[COLOR="Green"]I had one on my 04 WR450.You have to remove the cheesy case guard .The chain is real close to the case but it clears.

I think I still have it somewhere if you want it. It used it for less than 100 miles[/COLOR]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • justbackitin

Posted November 25, 2008 - 11:41 AM

I have a 16T on mine. I think its a sun star. I had to remove a small amount of material off of the case guard to make sure there was some clearance on the chain. Other than that it has worked fine all of last season. I run my wr on the street so it's perfect for me.

• LILBIT

Posted November 25, 2008 - 05:00 PM

I saw posts of a few of the SM guys running a 16t. Like stated above you have to grind a little slider pad out of the way.

• MarshalGiles

Posted November 26, 2008 - 05:55 AM

So where did you guys get your 16t sprocket?

Edit: Looks like a JT 16t sprocket can be had from the Parts Unlimited catalog for $10.95.

• MaxPower

Posted November 26, 2008 - 07:21 AM

[COLOR="Green"]I think mine said Sunstar on the side of it[/COLOR]

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.