WR Coolent overflow system

4 replies to this topic
  • MuDPoUNdeR

Posted November 24, 2008 - 07:39 PM

I have a 2002 YZ426F and I do woods riding with it. I wanted to know were the WR overflow system was on a 2002 WR426F, I'm assuming it has a recirculating coolant system. I wanted to see if I could put it on my bike.

Also I had a question as regards to the radiator cap on a recirculating coolant system. Are they any different?

• husky300racer

Posted November 24, 2008 - 07:51 PM

Order a bottle for a wr426. Your yz is missing 1 tab to mount the bottle. You can weld a tab or zip-tie it on. Works very well:thumbsup: It mounts on the sub-frame behind your side-panel. And the rad cap is the same

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kylwk1500

Posted November 25, 2008 - 04:30 PM

ya man it works great. pretty easy to make work. check out my yz 400 in my garage

• DeeCee

Posted November 27, 2008 - 12:33 AM

+1 on WR overflow bottle.

I have recently fitted one to my YZ400f and it works just fine. I fitted it in the same location as the WR and just drilled some holes in the rear guard to attach it (as on the YZ there are no lugs to fit it to).

No need to change your radiator cap.

You will still experience some coolant loss in tight slow speed situations however with the bottle fitted your radiator will always be full.

• MuDPoUNdeR

Posted November 28, 2008 - 06:31 AM

Exactly why I want to do it haha :bonk:

Related Content

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.