WR400 Main Jet and Rev Limiter

1 reply to this topic
  • RonC

Posted February 11, 2001 - 07:43 PM

I eliminated my exhaust baffle, air intake top, cut throttle limiter to allow full throttle, moved the needle valve clip to 4th position, and the bike ran like a scalded dog. It did cut out at high RPM. I replaced the 165 main jet with a 180 and it seems to have more power but when it gets up to top RPMs it seems to be limited. Does the WR400 have a REV limiter? ...or am I starved for fuel at high RPMs at full throttle and therefore do I need a larger MJ. The bike has great power at full throttle until it reaches the high RPM threshhold. Effortless wheelies in 3 gears. Thanks for your help. Ron

[This message has been edited by RonC (edited 02-12-2001).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jj

Posted February 12, 2001 - 11:11 AM

You may very well be right, it may be a jetting issue.

I thought I'd throw out the idea that it may be caused by a throttle stop that has been cut down to far. By that I mean, if you didn't check the throttle valve clearance after you cut the stop, you may have cut off too much allowing the valve to open too far. Thus causing your engine to cut out up top.

Probably no the case here, but I've seen it happen twice. Both times they cut off the recommended amount and it ended up being too much...

------------------
JJ - 99 WR; WR timed, EKN Needle, Scotts stabalizer, Scotts triple clamps, Pro-Tapers, Michelin S-12's, Terry Cable hot start, MSR Raptor clutch lever, Moose skid plate, Works frame guards, Acerbis Pro Rally guards, Renthal MD-soft grips, Factory Effex graphics, YZ IMS seat base, YZ Factory Effex seat foam and gripper seat cover, YZ rear fender

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.