I made the switch - CRF250 to YZ450F

9 replies to this topic
  • robatki

Posted November 24, 2008 - 01:44 PM

I have never owned a Yamaha before. I decided instead of dropping $8500 on a Honda that I would get a great deal on an 08' YZ450F. Rode my buddies 06' and loved it. I know absolutely nothing about Yamaha so it should be fun reading and learning.

-Rob

• Slinkyman16

Posted November 24, 2008 - 01:50 PM

a heads up... Just dont try and ride it like ur crf.. it wont work that way..

lots of info here on how to set the bike up..

but raise the forks in the clamps 5mm and set ur sag after break in..

• 05yzf250

Posted November 24, 2008 - 01:53 PM

well good luck with it i think you will like it

• robatki

Posted November 24, 2008 - 01:53 PM

I assume you are referring to the cornering characteristics? Since I went from a 250 to a 450 the motor will be all new no matter what.

-Rob

• Slinkyman16

Posted November 24, 2008 - 01:58 PM

I assume you are referring to the cornering characteristics? Since I went from a 250 to a 450 the motor will be all new no matter what.

-Rob

yes if u try to turn it like a crf it wont turn.. you have to learn to turn using the rear wheel. and sitting up higher on the tank.. the key to these bikes is body postion..

also where in cali are u at?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • robatki

Posted November 24, 2008 - 02:08 PM

I'm In San Diego.

• Slinkyman16

Posted November 24, 2008 - 02:20 PM

cool.. well im heading to ractown tomarrow if you want to break the thing in.. and can answer any ?s on set up and what not.. and then ill also be at cemx on friday

• robatki

Posted November 24, 2008 - 02:45 PM

I usually stay more south. I think Milestone is about as far north as I usually go. Thanks for the offer though. May go to Elsinore on Wednesday.

-Rob

• Slinkyman16

Posted November 24, 2008 - 02:58 PM

I usually stay more south. I think Milestone is about as far north as I usually go. Thanks for the offer though. May go to Elsinore on Wednesday.

-Rob

bummer.. ractown is by far the best mx facilty in so cal at the momment..(second is perris).. ill be going ot milestone in a few weeks so ill let u know..

• robatki

Posted November 24, 2008 - 03:02 PM

Always looking for people to ride with!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On Yesterday, 06:20 PM
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.