before and after pics........

20 replies to this topic
  • S1rst

Posted November 24, 2008 - 03:05 AM

What do you think, better before or better after???? I think it looks better now and certainly different to the others ive seen. :bonk:

BEFORE:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

AFTER:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I still have the airbox graphics, swing arm, fork and headlight graphic to fit, but im waiting for a nice mild day so they stick properly.

I took it out over to derbyshire for a good blast! Loved it! We took some VERY challenging trails and i was trying my hardest not to come off it. Managed to stay on anyway........just about :bonk:

We ended up doing around 50 miles on the trails, and to say i was knackered afterwards is an understatement. Much better than spending all day at the gym though! :bonk:

• suzukipoo

Posted November 24, 2008 - 05:28 AM

Where did you get the white front headlight plastic and the rear tail piece did you need to modify the rear or is it for a wr?

• MaxPower

Posted November 24, 2008 - 07:06 AM

[COLOR="Green"]I think it looks great

For me I didnt want to put graphics on my WR and draw attention to it by the cops while riding on the road. The licence plate on my bike was the most legal thing about it.

I do like your bike alot[/COLOR]

• S1rst

Posted November 24, 2008 - 01:03 PM

Cheers. :bonk:

suzukipoo, the number plate holder was on the bike from new as part of the DRC road kit. Here is the link for it mate.....

http://www.ridemx.co...and_Holder.html

The headlight cowl is actually a vinyl wrap. It took a while to do, and i still actually need to do the reverse side, but you cant really tell unless you look closely from a couple of feet away. I decided to go this route instead of painting it as im sure paint would just flake off with the jet wash or once it gets some abuse from rocks/stones etc.

Im going to see how the vinyl wrap does for a few weeks before i put the headlight graphic on, but its doing great at the moment so i think thats definatly the way to go if you want to go white.

• Motolizard

Posted November 24, 2008 - 01:06 PM

This is my 2005 Husky tc250Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

• tribalbc

Posted November 24, 2008 - 08:17 PM

[COLOR="Green"]I think it looks great

For me I didnt want to put graphics on my WR and draw attention to it by the cops while riding on the road. The licence plate on my bike was the most legal thing about it.

I do like your bike alot[/COLOR]

I know that feeling

• aussieklx

Posted November 24, 2008 - 11:04 PM

looks great mate :bonk: but i odnt know about the pioneer branding bit out of place for me :bonk:

• Benno_uk

Posted November 25, 2008 - 02:15 PM

That looks spot on mate. Nice to see a local(ish) thumper rider on these forums....

• MaxPower

Posted November 25, 2008 - 05:27 PM

[COLOR="Green"]what did you wrap the head light with?[/COLOR]

• snoop76

Posted November 25, 2008 - 05:32 PM

after is much better!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SXP

Posted November 25, 2008 - 05:43 PM

Outstanding:thumbsup:

More on this vinyl wrap, please. Never heard of it.

• S1rst

Posted November 26, 2008 - 12:59 AM

Cheers, the vinyl wrap i did myself. Its not really that hard, but a little time consuming to get right. Its just a case of getting some thin vinyl and working it on with a hair dryer in sections. Obviously because you have to do it in alot of sections (especially round the edges), you do get a few small creases and some visible joins but you can work them flat with the hair dryer so there not really noticable until your very close and only if your specifically looking for them. Definatly the way to go instead of paint in my opinion.

• MaxPower

Posted November 26, 2008 - 07:23 AM

[COLOR="Green"]I understand how you installed it
I dont understand what it is
Is it the stuff you make number plate backrounds out of? Is it 3M material?
You did a real clean job on the headlight no matter what it is[/COLOR]

• S1rst

Posted November 26, 2008 - 09:07 AM

Yeah its the same sort of thing as the backgrounds mate, just very thin. The thinner the better i would say so its easier to mould round the edges. I just went to my local sign makers and bought 3 A4 vinyl sheets for £2. :bonk:

• Diesel_Junkie

Posted November 26, 2008 - 09:20 PM

The graphics look cool!... and very European.

• mightymart

Posted November 27, 2008 - 12:46 PM

What seat cover have you used ? I have been looking for a good all black seat cover for my WR , but all the good ones I like are for yz's ! Does the YZ seat cover fit ?

• S1rst

Posted November 28, 2008 - 06:55 AM

What seat cover have you used ? I have been looking for a good all black seat cover for my WR , but all the good ones I like are for yz's ! Does the YZ seat cover fit ?

Its a werx seat cover mate, £30 directly from them. Where abouts in UK are you mate?

• mightymart

Posted November 28, 2008 - 09:31 AM

Im in Dartford, kent. What about you ?
Any chance you can post the link to the page for the seat cover ?
Thanks

• S1rst

Posted December 02, 2008 - 05:05 PM

Im in Dartford, kent. What about you ?
Any chance you can post the link to the page for the seat cover ?
Thanks

Im in Sheffield. Their number is 01438 880170. I paid £30 for mine, but i had a few other bits from them for another bike too so it might work out a bit more if you only want that mate.

• Ready2Close

Posted December 02, 2008 - 05:28 PM

They both look good...I'm swaying towards "before".

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.