Replace the 2008 exhaust cam with a 2006

10 replies to this topic
  • gtxkid

Posted November 23, 2008 - 06:41 PM

Motocross action artical says if you replace the 2008 exhaust cam that has an event angle of 100 degree's with one out of a 2006 that has 105 degree's it will help in the midrange and soften the low end.
I like that, has anyone done it.

What i swaped cams with my friend 2006
What will it do to his bike to have a 2008 exhaust cam in it.

• mywifefarts

Posted November 23, 2008 - 06:57 PM

Motocross action artical says if you replace the 2008 exhaust cam that has an event angle of 100 degree's with one out of a 2006 that has 105 degree's it will help in the midrange and soften the low end.

Ask Grayracer513 He'll have an idea.

• erickdj

Posted November 23, 2008 - 09:09 PM

Ask Grayracer513 He'll have an idea.

he said it would help the low and mid power curve, interesting to hear that it could actually hurt the low end. :bonk: :bonk:

• erickdj

Posted November 23, 2008 - 09:11 PM

if you do go ahead with this, let us know what you find out. I've been thinking about that myself, but I'd rather hear from someone that has done it.

• mywifefarts

Posted November 23, 2008 - 09:37 PM

he said it would help the low and mid power curve, interesting to hear that it could actually hurt the low end. :bonk: :bonk:

It was my understanding that this cam was the specific reason behind the 06 having stronger low end than the 07 and especially the 08. I would think it would be most benificial to the 08.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted November 23, 2008 - 10:24 PM

Moving the lobe center from 100 to 105 advances an exhaust cam, and shortens the overlap period. Logic and experience would lead me to think this would add low end, and that the article was a misprint, intending to say it would subtract from top end power.

• mywifefarts

Posted November 23, 2008 - 10:41 PM

Beside the exhaust cam, exhaust systems, and from what I'm sure I read about the 08 straighter intake port, are there any other significant differences in the motor between these three years?

• nephic

Posted December 05, 2008 - 09:35 PM

Read some posts, there are about a billion comments on these issues. I'm thinking Gray is probably sick of repeating himself.

• mywifefarts

Posted December 06, 2008 - 05:43 AM

Read some posts, there are about a billion comments on these issues. I'm thinking Gray is probably sick of repeating himself.

:thumbsup: Sorry. I know. Don't mean to be annoying

• grayracer513

Posted December 09, 2008 - 06:39 AM

Beside the exhaust cam, exhaust systems, and from what I'm sure I read about the 08 straighter intake port, are there any other significant differences in the motor between these three years?

Both cams, and probably the ignition map, but otherwise nothing major, no.

• gtxkid

Posted December 28, 2008 - 06:59 PM

Wonder why just the exhaust and not the 2006 intake

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.