List of what i did to my 2008 yz450f

18 replies to this topic
  • gtxkid

Posted November 23, 2008 - 01:27 PM

Have i missed anything:

Already have these done:
Pro Rekluse Rk chain:moon: Pro taper bars Windom
TGT bar subtank system Stainless oil filter :bonk:
RDP Suspention work :bonk: ( Best mod of all was the suspention)
FX graphic's, simply the best, even the logos look the same as manufacture's Cp Piston 13/75/1
ASV and Zeta lever's Air filters 2 Twin air's and 1 No-Toil
DR.D pipe DR.D Radator lowerering kit
Hour meter 40.00 and DR.D mount :bonk:
Works connection skid plate :bonk:
Foot peg ruber boots work good:banana:
Fasst Touque wrench:thumbsup: ASV sag scale:thumbsup:
Fuel tank foam not installed yet
50 tooth sun sprocket going back to 49 Thow
DR.D brake line clamp Lightended it up
Numbered Fuel screw

Ordered over the last two weeks: Neutec tubleless tire SDG step seat in blk Front and rear wheel bearing kits MSR
Merge Racing - Hydraulic Preload Adjuster + bearing that lets shock pivot and not bind up when compressed Pivotworks Fork inner slide kit
CYCRA M2 hand gaurds Going with FX Graphic's again Chain roller and slide kit 0-15 PSI tire gauge Lot of misl. seals and a few bearings Grips Throtle tube misl. yamaha seals and o-rings brake cable guide
Might try 48 tooth rear
Motion Pro Chain alignment tool

Wish list: Is the new sidwinder TY sprockets with there new chain 370.00 good for life or they will replace it http://sidewindersprockets.com/

Coming soon:
ASV lever set blk in short with boots and hardware, there going on sale for 150.00.
ARAI medium helmet
RXR chest

IN search of: Wheel sets do not know what to do here, do not know brand silver polished hubs and ? for wheels)
Handle bar pad

Tools: Tire changer Wheel truing stand

• KJ790

Posted November 23, 2008 - 02:32 PM

Wow, quite the list there. I'm about to build a set of wheels with polished silver hubs and silver excel rims. I won't get a chance to get them together for two or three weeks though.

• gtxkid

Posted November 23, 2008 - 04:50 PM

Wheel are what i am reserching.
Any day now on the Nuetec tubless set up.

• BBrown626

Posted November 23, 2008 - 05:48 PM

Ignition, porting, cool Tundra to haul it in?

• gtxkid

Posted November 23, 2008 - 08:56 PM

Funny you mentioned that.
I have been looking at them.

• Drav

Posted November 24, 2008 - 02:55 AM

Why a step seat for something thats obviously not a track bike?

• gtxkid

Posted November 24, 2008 - 06:10 AM

Hmmm
DRAV I do not understand.
I race motocross and others like the step seats.
Step seat i thought was good for Motocross.

• Kasjok

Posted November 24, 2008 - 09:06 AM

I guess Drav wants to say that your bike is becoming more like a showroom bike then a riding bike.

• WB450

Posted November 24, 2008 - 03:05 PM

To each their own, nice bike. IMO

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gtxkid

Posted November 24, 2008 - 07:52 PM

I just spent 165.00 on polish 4 different type's of reuge and 6 pads with some misl. stuff
Then i come home and read this and think your correct, maybe i am getting carried away.

• Wiz636

Posted November 25, 2008 - 10:05 AM

Why a step seat for something thats obviously not a track bike?

Two hours into a GP or hare scramble it's nice to have something that lets you relax a little bit when powering out of corners.

• DMC707

Posted November 25, 2008 - 10:29 AM

I just spent 165.00 on polish 4 different type's of reuge and 6 pads with some misl. stuff
Then i come home and read this and think your correct, maybe i am getting carried away.

welcome to the club :bonk: Your bike actually sounds a lot like my bike -- enjoy. For some of us, wrenching on them is part of the fun. A few hours at the track followed by a couple of relaxing hours in the garage is my idea of an outta sight weekend :bonk:

• Justin89

Posted November 25, 2008 - 11:04 AM

welcome to the club :bonk: Your bike actually sounds a lot like my bike -- enjoy. For some of us, wrenching on them is part of the fun. A few hours at the track followed by a couple of relaxing hours in the garage is my idea of an outta sight weekend :bonk:

Amen!:bonk:

• grayracer513

Posted November 25, 2008 - 11:32 AM

A few hours at the track followed by a couple of relaxing hours in the garage is my idea of an outta sight weekend :bonk:

I'm more the beer and pizza type, myself. :bonk: I start wrenching on Monday.

• Wiz636

Posted November 25, 2008 - 01:39 PM

Yep, I look forward to getting home from work to start working on the bike. I even enjoy changing tires :bonk:

• gtxkid

Posted November 25, 2008 - 04:08 PM

You know i found a lot of little things that needed fixing when i tore it down.
Stuff like a melted hose along side of carb. behind pipe where it was hidden.

I made a list as i tore it down, that helped.
I enjoy both riding and working on it some.

• DMC707

Posted November 25, 2008 - 09:17 PM

Gray does have a very good point i wasn't thinking about. The very best days of riding for me usually involve being too sore to get out of bed for 2 days, much less turn wrenches

• nephic

Posted December 05, 2008 - 09:46 PM

Wheels, look at Warp 9 wheels (google um). I have a set of black and they come with poslished hubs, they look really nice, and so far haven't exploded. They stand behind the products as well. There new guys, and they are pretty afordable.

What do you need to add? Well this might just be me, but I put a scotts stabilizer on it, and it's my second favorite mod next to factory connection suspension goodies.

I'm thinking of buying a new bike since the prices seem low right now, and rest assured, the scotts will make the switch forst thing.

• JYZ566

Posted December 06, 2008 - 01:11 PM

I wouldn't but a steering dampner on the bike, I had one and hated it for MX. Just got my slipper clutch for mine, should be sweet. I would add some revalved suspension, stainless brake lines, oversized front rotor, etc. Also, I have a SDG step seat with 4 hrs on it that I'm getting rid of. I just didn't prefer it for how I ride. It's all black and will fit a 2006-2009 YZ450....pm me if interested.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.