Hate to ask but I will "jetting"

4 replies to this topic
  • TW

Posted January 21, 2003 - 03:54 PM

99 WR400, never had much problem jetting wise until I had the topend redone recently, new valves. Bike fouled a plug for the first time ever yesterday(just put engine back in), and here's what I'm down to, put jetting back to stock today, 168 main, 45 pilot, 1.5 turns, leaner needle DTP(instead of DTM) 4th clip position, cleaned ACpump, still the plug comes out black and sooty, bike does run better but still coughs out at idle. I guess I'll try cleaning the carb entirely tonight to see what that does. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated........TW

• HaremScarem

Posted January 21, 2003 - 04:28 PM

Drop the Pilot to a 42/75 combo.

do you have the BK done?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Taffy

Posted January 24, 2003 - 08:29 AM

that'll be the taff mod on his model. do you mind1

Taffy :D :)

• HaremScarem

Posted January 24, 2003 - 11:25 AM

Do I Mind ? :)

No, I don't mind :D

If you "need" all the credit for the mod, so be it...

Let me try Again... Drop your pilot and perform Some Dam Mod..

How's That, Better

• Hick

Posted January 24, 2003 - 01:17 PM

The BK mod won't work on his carb. :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.