Who is using 215.VM2.K5 oil in forks

16 replies to this topic
  • gtxkid

Posted November 22, 2008 - 10:34 AM

Would like to know how much it costs and who is running it.
Does it make that big of differance.

• 642MX

Posted November 22, 2008 - 11:41 AM

Never heard of it. Lots of guys use Mobil 1 ATF. I've always used Motorex 5W.

• Kasjok

Posted November 22, 2008 - 11:47 AM

Guess you haven`t looked around too much then.

I have it in my forks and I am happy with it. Going to put it in my shock as well this winter. For prices and all the other information I suggest you to contact DaveJ personally. I think a bottle of his fluid (500+ml) was sometihng like 15 or 16$

http://www.smartperformanceinc.com

• gtxkid

Posted November 22, 2008 - 12:22 PM

I will do just that.:bonk:
My Pro circut PC01 oil is 20.00 plus a bottle.
Looks like a good price for it. :bonk:

• Kasjok

Posted November 22, 2008 - 12:57 PM

I will do just that.:bonk:
My Pro circut PC01 oil is 20.00 plus a bottle.
Looks like a good price for it. :bonk:

I could be wrong. As I said, contact Dave himself (DaveJ in forums).

• 642MX

Posted November 22, 2008 - 01:36 PM

Guess you haven`t looked around too much then.

I guess not, but I doubt I'm the only one that hasn't heard about it.

• Kasjok

Posted November 22, 2008 - 02:10 PM

I guess not, but I doubt I'm the only one that hasn't heard about it.

use search and check out suspension forum. :bonk:

• 642MX

Posted November 22, 2008 - 06:57 PM

use search and check out suspension forum. :bonk:

Maybe you can tell me where the search feature is?..... I'm new around here. :bonk:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MotoXT

Posted November 22, 2008 - 07:02 PM

The oil is excellent. I've been running it for about 6 months. There is absolutely no degredation in performance during a long moto, and it's helped a bit with my fatigue problems. Dave J is an excellent tech and runs a great business. Just give him a call and get the scoop straight from the horse's mouth. I also had him do my complete suspension and couldn't be happier with the performance, price and support.

• bustersat

Posted November 22, 2008 - 10:18 PM

+1 ^ Had my full suspension done on my 02 426. Huge difference!

• grayracer513

Posted November 23, 2008 - 09:22 PM

I use it. It's somewhat phenomenal, considering.

http://www.thumperta...806#post6977806

• XRYoda

Posted November 23, 2008 - 09:27 PM

The oil works very well. It is a little quirky, as you need to install fork bleeders as lots of pressure builds up after the oil warms up, and it isnt for use in very cold weather. I think that I paid $60+ ish for the oil shipped to my door, and have enough left over to nearly do them again. The oil really makes a big difference. It is supposed to last much longer than standard oil, too. Read up on it in the suspension forum.

• aggiemoto99

Posted November 23, 2008 - 09:34 PM

I have run it....and it's good quality oil.

I am not convinced it does anything different than other good quality oil, but because I am so frequently into my suspension....I do not run it now. It costs much too much to continually replace....as you never get all your old oil out, and then with the inner bleed procedure you loose some there.

Also, one of the oils stinks...terribly. It makes me gag.

• 642MX

Posted November 24, 2008 - 05:29 AM

I use it. It's somewhat phenomenal, considering.

http://www.thumperta...806#post6977806

Sounds like a quick fix for crappy valving to me.

• grayracer513

Posted November 24, 2008 - 06:56 AM

Sounds like a quick fix for crappy valving to me.

To me, it sounds like you need to spend some time researching the reviews of it on the Suspension forum. Even if it's a "quick fix", it's still a fix, and it's within the reach of far more people than a revalve is. It's been used with and without reworked valving quite successfully by several people. Some people don't like it, but some people don't like apple pie or chocolate, and I can't figure that out either.

Both the smell and pressure disadvantages are a bit over-blown, IMO. The smell is that of gear lube, resulting from the use of some of the same components.

As far as the pressure goes, it's not such a big deal to vent the forks after practice, or between motos, for that matter, and I've run the stuff in desert races with no more than the bomb run practice and a little riding as a warm up before blowing them off, and they were fine the rest of the day.

• 642MX

Posted November 24, 2008 - 08:19 AM

To me, it sounds like you need to spend some time researching the reviews of it on the Suspension forum. Even if it's a "quick fix", it's still a fix, and it's within the reach of far more people than a revalve is. It's been used with and without reworked valving quite successfully by several people. Some people don't like it, but some people don't like apple pie or chocolate, and I can't figure that out either.

Easy there, just jerkin your chain. It may work well for some, but I doubt I would ever try it since my suspension has been revalved and I absolutely love it the way it is. I'm not looking forward to even changing the fork seals when they need it because I'm afraid it won't feel the same.

I don't like pies either, I don't like the crust... :bonk:

• ncmountainman

Posted November 24, 2008 - 08:39 AM

:bonk: :bonk:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.