Motocross Track Insurance??????

15 replies to this topic
  • mxracer816

Posted November 22, 2008 - 09:13 AM

The local track here is up for lease for the 2009 year, and I have been looking into leasing it, maybe not promoting any races but definately having it open for practice. Does anyone know the requirements on insurance coverage for a mx park?

• MXSteve89

Posted November 22, 2008 - 09:16 AM

Seems like the best idea would be to contact the people that could offer you an accurate quote. Call the insurance company...anything posted on here is just speculation since we don't know your situation, location, etc.

Good luck though, and do keep up posted!!! :bonk: :bonk:

• mxracer816

Posted November 22, 2008 - 09:31 AM

That is my plan as of right now, today we are practicing there so I am going to talk to the present lessor and find out what he is paying what is covered and the stipulations by the lessee. Will keep y'all posted though, anyone with knowledge on this please do post any input will help! :bonk:

• 76xtdrvr

Posted November 22, 2008 - 11:28 AM

Maybe talk to another track owner/operator in the area. He might
consider you potential competition for his track,and not want to talk.
Then again,he might consider you an ally for growth in the sport,or a
race series partner,and tell you all you need to know.

• gottogomoto

Posted November 22, 2008 - 01:11 PM

The local track here is up for lease for the 2009 year, and I have been looking into leasing it, maybe not promoting any races but definately having it open for practice. Does anyone know the requirements on insurance coverage for a mx park?

I don't know about the insurance cost, but I do know you will make a hell of a lot more money promoting races then just having practice, it will consume a lot more time though.

• eddwinn

Posted November 22, 2008 - 05:27 PM

im wondoring on insurance costs also for my new track.

• racerx217

Posted November 22, 2008 - 08:37 PM

i am a member of a ama district 14 motocross track and we pay for race days right around $1200 for twelve hours. If you dont have a ama charter insurance would be alot more.

• English.Joshua1810

Posted June 09, 2012 - 01:57 PM

Im also looking into track insurance, did you have any luck getting any quotes?

• themotokid

Posted June 09, 2012 - 02:10 PM

where in texas are you i may come visit soon?

• Wahoo214

Posted June 12, 2012 - 07:24 AM

Insurance costs are listed here on the insurance form.
http://www.americanm...eAPromoter.aspx

• slyderHD

Posted June 12, 2012 - 08:43 AM

I heard our local track owner pays around $10,000 a year for his facility but he also has sand drags, sand volleyball, camping, tuff mudder type events and large bike fests with major bands and booze.

• CamP

Posted June 12, 2012 - 02:33 PM

I heard our local track owner pays around $10,000 a year for his facility...

That's about right for a busy track in Texas.

• dbedy

Posted June 12, 2012 - 03:23 PM

K&K Insurance does the majority of the track out there. I am a broker in CA and am licensed in CA, NV, NM, OR, and AZ. If you are in one of those states I can help, if not you will have to contact K&K and they can give you the contact info of an appointed broker in your area.

• nc_27587

Posted June 13, 2012 - 03:49 AM

What kind of $$ would an average track pull in per year, before expenses? Are you looking to make a profit or just keep the track running?

• slyderHD

Posted June 13, 2012 - 05:34 AM

the only reason the owner of our track profits is because the club members do all the work. He pays for the fuel and other supplies and the club handles everything else. Track prep, mowing, putting up fence, signs, picking up trash, collect gate fees ect. I know it seems stupid to pay $200 a year then have to do all the work but most of us are just happy to have a local track.

• nc_27587

Posted June 13, 2012 - 07:05 AM

the only reason the owner of our track profits is because the club members do all the work. He pays for the fuel and other supplies and the club handles everything else. Track prep, mowing, putting up fence, signs, picking up trash, collect gate fees ect. I know it seems stupid to pay $200 a year then have to do all the work but most of us are just happy to have a local track.

I agree. I was wondering if that's why mxracer was doing it - basically to keep the track going, or if he figures on turning a profit as well.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 yz250f front end not feeling planted into corners by motodirter

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   WR/YZ 250F
  • 14 replies
Reviews

Honda CRF450R 2015 by Bryan Bosch

Honda CRF450R 2015
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Reviews

Honda CRF150R 2014 by Bryan Bosch

Honda CRF150R 2014
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Yz426 with 03 yz450 sleeve and head. Possible? by MattyDubz426f

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 4 replies
Forums
Photo

Folding shifter levers by BermRider18

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF250 L/M
  • Hot  69 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.