YZ header on WR

3 replies to this topic
  • desdave

Posted November 22, 2008 - 07:52 AM

The header on my 08 wr450 is smaller in diameter that my sons 08 yz450. I know that this is meant to enhance the low/mid power to match the intended purpose of the bike. So, has anyone swapped to the larger yz or gytr or an fmf power bomb (along with a different muffler..I have the fmf Q4)? What did you notice in power quality/quantity from the header change? By the way, I ride mainly so. cal. desert so mid/upper is used mostly.

• tribalbc

Posted November 22, 2008 - 08:00 AM

I went with the YZ header and can

http://www.thumperta... yz450f exhaust

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • glentron

Posted November 22, 2008 - 08:20 AM

I just changed from stock to power bomb and it's amazing how nice the mid range to upper feels. I have used 4 pipes on my WR and the Q4 power bomb is the best combo so far. You will love it.
I got a good deal at AfterburnerMX.

• Baja trail Rider

Posted November 22, 2008 - 06:03 PM

I went with the power bomb and 08yz muffler a lot more power down low and mid range,perfect for me for trail riding.If you use the yz header more top end

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.