Stuttering hesitation & popping on Decel

2 replies to this topic
  • jr_vw2

Posted November 21, 2008 - 03:43 PM

I have on 02 wr 426 with PC T4 exhaust and hotcams I have been converting to a street legal supermoto for awhile now so I have not been riding much. However tonight I noticed that there is a pretty bad hesitation on acceleration almost like a missifire but more like a stuttering on accel. Also has a bad popping on decel. I might not have let the bike warm up enough when i shot down the road but my new trail tech vapor said the coolant temp was about 138 so I figured it was warm enough. I dont know what jets are in the carb I have not been in there yet. I can adjust the pilot screw all day with no change. I feel I am looking at a carb issue not too sure what route to take with it. The popping I would think is a lean issue I guess the stuttering could be as well. Any thoughts would be great. Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • simica

Posted November 21, 2008 - 04:46 PM

How long have you owned the bike? Is this a new problem and if so starting when? Did you install anything that may have started the problem? More info please!

• jr_vw2

Posted November 21, 2008 - 05:25 PM

ok here is the background I have had the bike for about 3 years now and it had the Hotcams in it with the stock exhaust. It ran fine then I put a White Bros pipe on about 6 months after I bought the bike and it still ran fine. After running the WB pipe for about a year I started noticing the popping on decel but never really did anything about it so it is a continuous problem. However I have just put a Pro Circuit head pipe and T4 Silencer on whiule doing my supermoto conversion. I have installed a baja designs dual sport kit and a trail tech Vapor computer. It was dark and about 30 degrees out tonight when I rode down the street so tomorrow I will let it warm up some more and see if it is any different after running awhile.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.