What jetting changes after changing the exhaust on ’02 WR426F

2 replies to this topic
  • sabin

Posted July 01, 2002 - 09:15 PM

I ordered new MIK muffler with pipe to replace my restricted european model exhaust witch does not have a baffle and cannot be opened. So my question is will it be enough just to change the main jet from 165 to 170 that comes with my bike?
I do not want to brake my engine running it lean.
The bike is stock, no modifications.

Thank you for any input!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SoCalWR426

Posted July 02, 2002 - 05:00 AM

Sabin, your not too far off. Depending on the flow rates of your exhaust and your stock needle. You might also try raising your needle clip one notch. Does your model have the airbox lid/snorkle? If so you might want to remove it for better air flow. (replace for heavy mud conditions) Good Luck...

• sabin

Posted July 02, 2002 - 07:24 PM

Thank you SoCol, but how do I know if I'm running lean? My spark plug is very white gray now, maybe it will become only white?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.