start/kill switch

2 replies to this topic
  • Kaleb

Posted November 21, 2008 - 10:54 AM

I am trying to clean up my bars and want to know if anyone has a better kill/start switch setup. I think I have the stock setup with has a 1" square button(grey) for starting and the same button(red) for kill.

Any ideas?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • simica

Posted November 21, 2008 - 04:33 PM

I don't know what you are really trying to do but if you're looking to remove stuff from your handlebars, you can remove the red kill button and unplug it from the wiring harness. Shutting off the bike can be done be turning off the ignition button or purposely popping the clutch (you might want to have one of the brakes on while doing this). Keep the kill switch in your tool box though cuz it can be used as an "E" button if it should fail, I speak from experience on this.

• Kaleb

Posted November 24, 2008 - 01:13 PM

cool...thx Simica...good idea.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.