Best Looking Yz450f!!

Yamaha YZ450F 2012

419 replies to this topic
  • KJ790

Posted November 23, 2008 - 06:44 AM

You've spent all that money on the bike and use that for a stand?

I've got a bunch of old milk crates and they have worked great for many years. by saving the $80 on a stand for each of my bikes then I can afford a new exhaust.

• zao

Posted November 23, 2008 - 07:50 AM

Here's mine Posted Image

• Slinkyman16

Posted November 23, 2008 - 08:04 AM

I saw your bike on another site somewhere. It was a european site. That is one sick yamaha!!:bonk: What kind of float bowl is that?

Nam I hate you!! Where did you get your hammerhead stuff? I tried their website but its been unoperational!! I want those break and shift levers so bad!! Nice bike too:cry:

float bowl is a R&D designs.. he got his when they were still machining the bowls instead of casting them.. now they are black..

• WB450

Posted November 23, 2008 - 12:08 PM

Very clean! Love the look.

Thank you.:bonk:

• yzmerf105

Posted November 23, 2008 - 12:08 PM

Here is my 06
Posted Image

• DPW

Posted November 23, 2008 - 01:01 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

• sneipfmx

Posted November 23, 2008 - 03:09 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• jammin22

Posted November 23, 2008 - 05:18 PM

Posted Image
2008 450

Posted Image
2008 250f

Posted Image
2006 450

• yzmerf105

Posted November 23, 2008 - 07:21 PM

Looks like Elsinore on the 06. I am right up the street from there.

• xcape

Posted November 24, 2008 - 08:57 AM

[IMG][IMG]http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/5577/img1071jw2.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]

Camo kit

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Frank_z28

Posted November 24, 2008 - 01:42 PM

Nam - very nice!

Someone asked about a yellow bike, so I'll throw mine in to the mix:

Posted Image

Posted Image

AWESOME

• Slinkyman16

Posted November 24, 2008 - 02:41 PM

does this disqualify me??? since its stock graphics??

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

• siscokid7

Posted November 24, 2008 - 02:45 PM

does this disqualify me??? since its stock graphics??

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Naw, you can pass this time!!:bonk: What offset triples are you running? Those are procircuits? I thought they only came in that nasty brown color?

• Slinkyman16

Posted November 24, 2008 - 02:56 PM

Naw, you can pass this time!!:bonk: What offset triples are you running? Those are procircuits? I thought they only came in that nasty brown color?

22.5.. and they are a deep bronze almost a red.. they really are a cool anodizing.. the newer versizons dont have that nasty brown but this color on them.. (but i know what ur talking about.. they used to look like s*it brown). but im really happy with the way they affected the steering.. i can dive to the inside line without a problem..

i usually have better pics but i just finished my install of my 270mm rotor and i didnt want to run out under the sun for better pics.

• siscokid7

Posted November 24, 2008 - 03:07 PM

22.5.. and they are a deep bronze almost a red.. they really are a cool anodizing.. the newer versizons dont have that nasty brown but this color on them.. (but i know what ur talking about.. they used to look like s*it brown). but im really happy with the way they affected the steering.. i can dive to the inside line without a problem..

i usually have better pics but i just finished my install of my 270mm rotor and i didnt want to run out under the sun for better pics.

I still am not sure what triples to get but I know I need them and a new bar too. I rode my bro in laws "new" 03 yz250f and loved the steering. Its crazy that an older bike could steer so much better than my brand new one. I was expecting his bike to push and almost layed it down. I thought it was a yamaha trait at first but I think Gray said the aluminum framed 450's suffer from this exclusively.

• Slinkyman16

Posted November 24, 2008 - 03:26 PM

ya.. my 02 426 dosnt suffer from this push. but its a beast to get it layed over..

what dont u like about ur steering. what are u trying to get out of it?

• siscokid7

Posted November 24, 2008 - 03:37 PM

ya.. my 02 426 dosnt suffer from this push. but its a beast to get it layed over..

what dont u like about ur steering. what are u trying to get out of it?

I am not a pro so I will use non tecnical terms. When I go into a 180 turn I find that the bike takes alot of effort and body english and tire spin. You understand? I know it sounds stupid. If I dont try to muscle it and use the rear to steer it seems like it wants to go through the turns instead of around them, and stand up. Ive ridden many other bikes and they dont seem to have this problem. I dont know if I used the right term before referring to it as a push, but it seemed right. Also I feel like Im too close to the bars in attack postion. I like to be over the tank, but not looking almost sraight down at it. Maybe I need taller bars. Im 6 feet so not huge but a little big.

• Slinkyman16

Posted November 24, 2008 - 03:42 PM

u may want to try some different bars first.. but it sounds like what i was suffering from... if u were in cali id let u try mine out..

• DMC707

Posted November 24, 2008 - 03:44 PM

I took a few better pics of the 'ol beater outside --- Gyt-R graphic kit to keep it somewhat stock appearing, Decal Works backgrounds , which really save the day over doing it yourself, and a small of amount of CF sprinkled in here and there. Not enough to win the "Bomb of the year" award, but i like it ---- might add some gold Talon/Excel wheels if i get around to it (if the fundage is available)
The biggest mods on mine so far are inside the shock and fork (where they can't be seen) -- i'm hoping those mods will speak for themselves on the track tho

Posted Image

Posted Image

• siscokid7

Posted November 24, 2008 - 03:47 PM

u may want to try some different bars first.. but it sounds like what i was suffering from... if u were in cali id let u try mine out..

I wish I was in cali!! Its frikkin 38 degrees outside!!:bonk:

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2012 by ThumperTalk

Yamaha YZ450F 2012
  • * * * * -
  • 11 reviews
  • Last review by Jason Heinrich
  • On June 15, 2016
Forums
Photo

2010-13 Issues? by Calhoun117

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.