08 YZ450F Silencer

9 replies to this topic
  • racerdale

Posted November 20, 2008 - 06:53 PM

Has anyone done any modifying to the stock silencer on the 08 450s? If so,did you have to do any jetting changes.My bike seems to have alot less power compared to friends 450s and they have aftermarket exhaust.The stock exhaust is very much blocked.Thanks for any help.

• grayracer513

Posted November 20, 2008 - 06:59 PM

Not that I know of, and I don't recommend doing anything other than replacing it. You're free to try, though.

Almost anything you put on it will increase the mid range power significantly.

• erickdj

Posted November 21, 2008 - 09:16 AM

A two hp increase isn't much. Virtually any competition exhaust installed on the '08 will add 4 or more (some of them much more) at or around 5000 rpm. :thumbsup:

how many horses does the Dr.D add @ 5k RPM?

• grayracer513

Posted November 21, 2008 - 10:01 AM

I've only ever seen one chart from an '08 with a DRD on it, but that one showed a gain of 6 at 4800, and a loss of 0.25 at peak. The caveat was that there was no effort made to optimize the bike with the stock exhaust. Then again, not much was done to the bike after the DRD was bolted on, either. Just some minor jetting.

• erickdj

Posted November 21, 2008 - 10:04 AM

I've only ever seen one chart from an '08 with a DRD on it, but that one showed a gain of 6 at 4800, and a loss of 0.25 at peak. The caveat was that there was no effort made to optimize the bike with the stock exhaust. Then again, not much was done to the bike after the DRD was bolted on, either. Just some minor jetting.

wow, 6hp is pretty significant. What optimizations or adjustments would you recommend to go along with the Dr.D?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted November 21, 2008 - 10:35 AM

wow, 6hp is pretty significant. What optimizations or adjustments would you recommend to go along with the Dr.D?

Something along these lines:

http://www.thumperta...785#post7029785

http://www.thumperta...050#post5380050

• erickdj

Posted November 21, 2008 - 11:52 PM

is it just me, or did some posts disappear from this thread? including one with a dyno chart...

• mx614

Posted November 30, 2008 - 05:05 PM

Yes I removed the last cone before it exits and cut the remaing non perfed part out flush, leaving the first cone in place. jetting is stock main and a 48 pilot with the fuel screw on 2.25 out. I have now sold my DR.D in favor of this set up. Good smooth power and still way quieter than my DR.D was at 99db, this one moded is at 97. I hope this helps.

• gtxkid

Posted November 30, 2008 - 05:37 PM

Mine added 4-5 hp with the DR.D and a 13-75-1 piston.
I went to CA for a race and Air Fuel was 11.8 to 11.9 and i thig they shoot for 12.0, But that is real real close.
Guy that gave us a tour from Pro circut still beat me.
Made the bike harder to ride, but if you want power it works.

• racerdale

Posted December 01, 2008 - 09:06 AM

so you took the long cone out flush with the rear of the silencer?Thanks for your input!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.