09 YZ 450 pipe

7 replies to this topic
  • honda907

Posted November 19, 2008 - 04:29 PM

I am changing from a CRF 450 to a yz 450 real soon. Anyone use the GYTR pipe? Is it good? I can get this pipe cheap, but I don't know how it performs.

BTW, am I going to be disappointed in the handling or suspension of the bike coming from a CRF?

thanks

• Justin89

Posted November 19, 2008 - 05:20 PM

I am changing from a CRF 450 to a yz 450 real soon. Anyone use the GYTR pipe? Is it good? I can get this pipe cheap, but I don't know how it performs.

BTW, am I going to be disappointed in the handling or suspension of the bike coming from a CRF?

thanks

I'm not sure how the pipe works but the suspension on the Yami is FAR better stock than the Honda. The handling on the 2009 is very much improved also. the 09' is bad ace'.:thumbsup:

• aggiemoto99

Posted November 19, 2008 - 10:05 PM

I think any pipe is an improvement over stock for hp....

Whether the added hp is a good thing or not is rider preferance!

• bansheeater1

Posted November 20, 2008 - 11:46 AM

I've never used a GYTR exhaust before. I heard they are good...why don't you look for a Dr. D exhaust. They have a cheap one at locomx.com.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamaLink

Posted November 20, 2008 - 02:29 PM

The Dr. D was on a few 09 yz450 expert/pro bikes this weekend at the track, and it made the awesome bike sound like a 600cc sand drag bike! Makes the bike go from feeling like a 350cc tractor to a fire breathing monster.

The 08 and 09 YZ450 handled better than any CRF450 ever made as an all-around package.

• norcal_hoss

Posted November 20, 2008 - 03:02 PM

I got a MRD on my honda it it is all everyone says they are. And the warranty is 2nd to none in the whole industry (break it anyway and they replace it)
My friend has one on his YZ 450 it sounds deep and he said it pulls to the moon. There a great made pipe.. Ill be going back to YZ 450 in 2010 and will go with MRD just cant beat that guys crafstmanship and warranty.
just my .2 cents good luck.
PS I agree the yz have GREAT susp stock and when there valved by the right shop there un freakin real. My honda handles unbelievable with RG3 cant wait for the yami next year.

• Slinkyman16

Posted November 20, 2008 - 03:55 PM

gytr pipes are pretty good. and if u can get it cheap then go for it..

If you want a killer pipe at a great price then i would go with the MRd.. Dave makes great pipes and his warrenty is next to none.

• locorider

Posted November 20, 2008 - 04:22 PM

The GYT-R pipe is pretty good, it is just very loud.

I had the aluminum GYT-R pipe and header for a while but it was too loud for my taste. I have a 2004 and I didn't feel that much difference in power over stock.

The sound is deceiving, makes you think you are a lot faster than you are.

My $0.02

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.