Wr400 wiseco 13.5 piston

4 replies to this topic
  • flyer05

Posted November 19, 2008 - 03:19 PM

Hi, I did a search but did not find what I was looking for. Can I change the stock piston with a 13.5:1 Wiseco piston ?

part# 4650M09200

• flyer05

Posted November 21, 2008 - 02:53 PM

anyone ?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Thermos O flask

Posted November 22, 2008 - 03:44 AM

I put a 13.5 wiseco piston in a mates wr450 (YZ cam and pipe)and he loves it.I'v got one for my wr400(YZ timing,yoshi) ready to pop in(it does say '99yz on the box but should be ok.

• flyer05

Posted November 22, 2008 - 01:18 PM

Okay got the piston kit in hand. Do I have to hone or not ?? The instructions say to set the clearance as printed on the box ? Hmmm also says not to ball hone it.

• Mutu

Posted November 23, 2008 - 10:03 PM

Okay got the piston kit in hand. Do I have to hone or not ?? The instructions say to set the clearance as printed on the box ? Hmmm also says not to ball hone it.

If you can still see hone marks on the cylinder, I wouldn't. :bonk:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.