Engine Idle

2 replies to this topic
  • F6dood

Posted January 20, 2003 - 06:32 PM

426 Engine idles great when cold. After warm up, engine idles high, maybe 2500 - 3000. If I drag engine speed to normal idle w/ load it will normal idle until throttle change then goes back to high idle. Opened pilot needle up 1 turn and symptoms some better. My guess is that pilot jet too small & mixture too lean after warm up. Anyone had experience w/ this?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dominator426

Posted January 23, 2003 - 08:41 PM

Yeah, that's right...I only needed to open the PFS about 1/4 to 1/2 turn more than 1 1/8 turn for colder weather, along with a larger MFJ.

• r1superstar

Posted January 25, 2003 - 06:24 AM

Yeah, that's right...I only needed to open the PFS about 1/4 to 1/2 turn more than 1 1/8 turn for colder weather, along with a larger MFJ.

Yes, this is correct. Adjust the Air/Fuel Mixture screw and you should be fine. Also check to make sure your throttle cable is not too tight (just in case).

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.