Turn signals, i give up!

10 replies to this topic
  • Ash26600

Posted November 18, 2008 - 01:18 AM

After losing the original indicators and then a set of rubber mounted items, i have decided that these stupid, little, plastic vine-catchers have no place on an enduro bike (WR450f).:thumbsup:

I ride mostly single track and crappy rocky hills. Brush and vines seem to be at odds with local laws that require the turn signals for registration.

Anyone have a solution?

• MaxPower

Posted November 18, 2008 - 06:32 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• face_plant

Posted November 18, 2008 - 06:42 AM

to he** with the signals where can i get one of dose dawgs?

i use short stock drc flashers
www.wheelingcyclesupply.com
plus he is local for me so i dont have to wait for shipping

• MaxPower

Posted November 18, 2008 - 07:15 AM

[COLOR="Green"]Buddy is a good boy
We go everywhere together. Except at the hot races he doesnt like to get out of the AC in the motorhome[/COLOR]

• snaggletooth

Posted November 20, 2008 - 05:36 PM

I became very tired of kicking off my rear signals while mounting the bike and replacing them after a fall. I went with these small but effective LED signal. Many falls and mounting with these signal and have not had to replace a set yet! I should have went with them in the first place.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • snaggletooth

Posted November 20, 2008 - 05:47 PM

BTW, I picked them up from chaparral 800 841-2960, "lightworks scoop LED marker light" part# L122-0011 black/clear lens or L122-0010 black/amber lens.
either set $19.99

I have an extra clear set but I'm waiting for a new rear fender before I put them on. I used some black ATV to glue on the rear set because the fender surface wasn't totaly flat.

• Strattos

Posted November 20, 2008 - 06:01 PM

If you want to buy in OZ, Ballards have some very small indicators which i've previously used without a drama. They're not quite as small as some of the pics above, but at least half the size of the original ones.

• chrispy1202

Posted November 21, 2008 - 04:08 AM

I use a flush mounted set of signal lights on the back and haven't broken one in two years of use. They use two little screws per light and just screw into the rear fender, and they are bright enough that you don't have to worry quite as much about four wheel vehicles not seeing your signal lights. I ran the ones that stuck out to the sides previous, but found that they either busted off, or the soldered connections would come apart.
Cheers
Chris

• justbackitin

Posted November 21, 2008 - 07:01 PM

lockhart phillips flush mount signals for sport bikes work good for me.
Posted Image

• WR450FGreg

Posted November 23, 2008 - 10:59 AM

I take mine off when I go bush, then put them back on for the road.

No wires to muck around with, they simply clip-in then clip-out.

Greg

Posted Image

• gearhead86

Posted November 23, 2008 - 12:11 PM

I take mine off when I go bush, then put them back on for the road.

No wires to muck around with, they simply clip-in then clip-out.

Greg

Posted Image

brilliant!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.