WR450F No Spark!

5 replies to this topic
  • beniflas

Posted November 17, 2008 - 07:07 PM

Hey guys, need a little help here. 06 WR450F won't start with the E-start or kickstart. Checked plug, while kicking & E-starting, no spark. :thumbsup: Towed behind quad, popped it in 2nd and fired up. I'm thinking stator (Ricky Stator) not producing enough juice with just the kick or E-start. Any other ideas?

I don't think it would be the kill switch or coil....because it will start, just not with the kick or magic button.

• Thumper_Bloke

Posted November 17, 2008 - 10:27 PM

Sounds like you narrowed it down.
Let us know what it was.

• Rick1141

Posted November 18, 2008 - 05:08 AM

Check the fuse.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • beniflas

Posted November 18, 2008 - 12:39 PM

I put the stock stator and regulator back in...fired right up.

• Thumper_Bloke

Posted November 18, 2008 - 05:40 PM

Ahh, must be a bad connection. You can usually fix that with a good soldering iron.

Do you need the Ricky Stator?

• beniflas

Posted November 19, 2008 - 12:24 AM

Yeah, I still need it. It's only a couple of months old. I'm sending it back to see if they'll exchange or repair it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.