Jetting - Popping on decleration

5 replies to this topic
  • bigal_wr426

Posted June 30, 2002 - 06:26 PM

Hi,

I am haiving some problems with the jetting on my 01 WR426 with WHite Bros S Bend muffler. Current setup

MJ 165
DTM #2
PJ 42
FS 1 3/4 turns

I get hesitation at 0-1/2 throttle and load popping on deceleration. I thought it was running lean but removing the air filter makes it run better. Not sure where to go from here?

Thanks,
Alex

• bigal_wr426

Posted June 30, 2002 - 06:40 PM

Just to let you know I have searched the archives looking for some answers or ideas but have hit the wall so to speak.

Hoping that someone can at least point me in the right direction of where to go next.

• James_Dean

Posted June 30, 2002 - 08:43 PM

Try DTM#3 despite your air filter results. This is a more common position to be at. It is very rare to see a 426 with the DTM, the WR400 used it standard for the US models.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Taffy

Posted June 30, 2002 - 10:09 PM

agree the needle and also go down on the PJ to 40 and also do the BK mod.

you may find that the needle can go up 2 or 3 clips.

Taffy

• bigal_wr426

Posted July 01, 2002 - 01:45 PM

I will have to check my clip position as I think I have worked it out wrong. I moved the clip up from #3 to make it leaner. This would make it #2 or #4?

I bought the bike with this jetting as done by the shop for my exhaust. I believe the standard needle here is Aus is a OBDQR(not sure what this equates to ie DTM)

I found a post saying that the OBELN needle # 3 clip position was good. Would this be a better needle to run?

Talk about a sharp learning curve!
Thanks,
Alex

• bigal_wr426

Posted July 01, 2002 - 01:51 PM

Looks like hitting my back button repeated the post.

Alex

[ July 01, 2002: Message edited by: bigal_wr426 ]

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.