Where to sell 426 dirt parts?

6 replies to this topic
  • Kitt

Posted November 17, 2008 - 07:23 AM

hey guys,

I will soon have my 3rd (2nd currently) yz 426 in the garage, and will be building it for supermoto... where is the best place to sell off wheels, brakes, plastics, etc. that I wont be needing? The classifieds here look a bit vacant so just looking for some other possibilities.??

• grayracer513

Posted November 17, 2008 - 07:35 AM

eBay or Craigslist. Not in the forums.

• Kitt

Posted November 17, 2008 - 07:51 AM

eBay or Craigslist. Not in the forums.

why are the classifieds sections so quiet on TT?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamaLink

Posted November 17, 2008 - 08:54 AM

Could be quiet because new bike prices are high and the economy not super great so people are hanging onto their not-new stuff.

Or they are doing craiglist or ebay or posting on their local bike club forums for a quicker sale and to bypass shipping. Could be many reasons. But you can't beat the reach of a site like TT's classifieds.

• grayracer513

Posted November 17, 2008 - 08:59 AM

why are the classifieds sections so quiet on TT?

Most people don't come here to buy stuff, they come here to ask questions and talk about stuff. The classifieds are a secondary function.

They do work, however, and I've sold everything I've ever put in there. Wheel sets in particular should be easy, but it might still take 3-6 weeks.

• Kitt

Posted November 17, 2008 - 09:05 AM

Most people don't come here to buy stuff, they come here to ask questions and talk about stuff. The classifieds are a secondary function.

They do work, however, and I've sold everything I've ever put in there. Wheel sets in particular should be easy, but it might still take 3-6 weeks.

thanks for the input! i was hoping for somewhere other than craigslist or fleabay, but i'll see what happens!

• grayracer513

Posted November 17, 2008 - 09:30 AM

In SoCal, the Trader Publications magazines have a parts section, but they don't get a lot more readership than anything else does.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.